Sign in to follow this  
Weasel Keeper

Member "Rank"

I haven't been around for awhile because I moved to the country and have crappy internet service. The site looks good with the changes, but I'm having a slight problem with member rankings under the avatars. It might be cool for most, but I'm real world BTDT and still doing that.

I'm a "Senior Member" (#24) on this site, and have been given SMSgt (Air Force Senior Master Sgt) stripes next to my avatar. As a serving Air Force member in the Air National Guard I've only earned E-6 Technical Sgt (TSgt-5 stripes) and haven't come close to earning the 7 stripes or two grades required for a SMSgt ranking.

If this is the way things will stay for the majority then it is what it is. I'll live with it, but just wanted you to know I'm not comfortable with it. Don't go changing due to one member's complaint...just wanted to voice my opinion. :)

Basically ...

What this boils down to is that everyone who ranks as a Senior Member (based on post count) is given the same 7 stripes. When you move up to the next status you'll be given a new image (member icon) that will again have another pay grade set of stripes assigned to it. It has no reflection on your real-life accomplishments (and I mean that sincerely as an E6 is an honor). In our keeping with the military way of doing things it was our way of incorporating some rank and file. I'm certain the opposite holds true where E5 and 6s sign up on the site as a new member and get an airman stripe.

As a final note feel free to share your real-life details in your profile if you're concerned about the confusion.

Thanks for posting that up.

E

Bout damn time you got some internet Jay. Glad to see ya back!

Bout damn time you got some internet Jay. Glad to see ya back!

Hehe, gotta love the country life! Got the house in the country of my dreams and I knew I'd have to give up fast internet. Can't have everything I guess. ;)

Good to be back!

I only ever made Ssgt(E-5) in real life Air Force days, so the major sleeve full is interesting.

But I want something cool and shiny like Eric's that starts with an "O."

Where's the supply guy that can fix me up? :laugh: