Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Hey Devs...How come?

Rise of Flight, Red Baron 3d..even First Eagles has a full write up on Wikipedia...but OFF has sweet FA?

Is it just a case that no-one has written anything?..If So, perhaps we can do it?...talk about free advertising being missed out on

Just a Thought

• Like 1

Good point Wikipedia always seems to pop up as one of the first links in a lot of searches.

The devs could just copy a lot of stuff from their own site in the short term as a quick fix / win.

Regards Markl

I had talked to Pol about this about half a year ago. After that I had made an entry with link to the official OFF website in Wikipedia's CFS3 entry: http://en.wikipedia....ght_simulator_3

Just as a start :grin:

A full article should be written by a native English speaker IMHO.

Cheers

Edited by Gremlin_WoH

Good idea UK_W - yeah Gremlin added a good bit to the CFS3 entry which is great but it's just time to do it is all, unless someone wants to have a go and we can read over it.

I might have a bash if thats ok?...not done Wikipedia before, so if anyone has..advice most welcome

I might have a bash if thats ok?...not done Wikipedia before, so if anyone has..advice most welcome

Be prepared that anyone can change your test anytime to your liking. CaptSopwith wrote a very good and extensive article about Red Baron II/3D. It was nearly completely deleted by some guys who think they are the Guardians of Mankind.

here some ideas:

1. Get an account

2. Have a look at the source code of some articles how it is done.

3. I haven't started a fresh new article yet thus I can not help you with that

4. If you have started the article put it on your watchlist in your Wikipedi user control panel. This way you can always have a look if someone has changed anything

5. There is a restore function, if someone changed anything for the worse -> restore :grin:

6. Tell us the a link to the article this way I will monitor also what happens there and I am sure some of us will do the same -> we need to keep in control of the article

7. Since OFF is commercial now be careful with posting screenshots, at least they should not contain the official OFF logo. Mark them as private and free to use.

Cheers