Sign in to follow this  
kentcol

Can't Run the Game :(

still just guessing here,,,,,,

are you using the cd2 from cfs3...,,or do you have that exe we arnt suppose to talk about?

and there is another exe in there,,,cfs3mp.exe...would be interested in knowing if that gives you the same problem...

Edited by sitting_duck

still just guessing here,,,,,,

are you using the cd2 from cfs3...,,or do you have that exe we arnt suppose to talk about?

and there is another exe in there,,,cfs3mp.exe...would be interested in knowing if that gives you the same problem...

No, not using the no cd. I was using disk one, am I supposed to use disk two?

Treid using disk 2 and same freeze at mission initialising screen. Out of ideas. Wonder why Pol hasn't responded? About to give up for good. I just don't know what else to do. Every game I have runs except this one. :(

There's one foolproof solution ( everytime I say that, they somehow proove me wrong ) Is anybody running OFF with a GTS 250, as we've tried every solution known, to no avail.

I don't think there could be a problem with the 250 Nvidia Chip, but this card is Over Clocked. Could THAT cause a problem ?????

http://www.tigerdire...3604&CatId=3585

Don't touch anything else, and put your 7800's back in.

If OFF runs we haven't solved any problems, but we've ID'd the culprit

Mine is a PNY GTS 250 and is not OC'ed. Checked the site u listed and searched my card and is shows to be not overclocked. :)

thats odd,,,you should not have gotten that far with disk one in there......

i took my disk out,,,and started the game,,,as soon as i heard the "contack...clear",,i got a message telling me the disk was missing,,put it in and restart the application...and this is before the initialising screen come on.

i know ive asked this before,,,when you uninstalled,,did you uninstall everything...cfs3 and bhah, and start all over again?

seeing as how you said your cfs3 play sluggish,,,maybe thats where the problem is.

know youve done this several times,,but if you have been installing bhah over the same cfs3 install, i would consider uninstalliing everything, cfs3 and bhah ,(and dont forget about the other folders for both cfs3 and bhah)

I would not intall bhah untill cfs3 is running fine...if you have a problem with cfs3, good chance you might have a problem with bhah....

Edited by sitting_duck

I don't know. I uninstalled CFS3 and OFF and deleted everything including hidden files. Re-installed both and, same frickin thing. Screw it! I'm putting my $50 coaster away. I guess the only WW1 sim I can fly now is First Eagles, better than nothing , I guess. Thanks for all your help guys and enjoy OFF. :)

I don't know. I uninstalled CFS3 and OFF and deleted everything including hidden files. Re-installed both and, same frickin thing. Screw it! I'm putting my $50 coaster away. I guess the only WW1 sim I can fly now is First Eagles, better than nothing , I guess. Thanks for all your help guys and enjoy OFF. :)

If you want to try again, do the following:

Uninstall CFS3 and BHaH, if you haven't already done so as before and check registry for CFS3, BHaH and OBD entries. PLEASE be careful when checking registry;

Use Driver Sweeper to uninstall current driver and Phys-X flies. When finished, boot into Safe Mode;

Install 190.62 in Safe Mode and when finished, boot normally;

Change your resolution as you would normally do and then disable Phys-X. Make no other changes in NV panel at this time;

Check how your other games and software are running;

Reinstall CFS3, patch to 3.1a, patch no-cd. Do not make any changes in CFS3 Config. Go to QC and take a free flight only and see how CFS3 runs. If satisfied then;

Reinstall BHaH and and tick the option to pull CFS3 data from hd directory. Don't use the cd option;

Then go through normal BHaH start up procedure allowing config to run, etc.

If you're not sure about any of the above, please feel free to p.m. me.

I hope you get into the air.

plug_nickel (Al)

lol..hopefully your still following this thread...

look,,,if cfs3 is still running bad,,,think you have to admit,,whatever the problem is, its got nothing to do with bhah....

and,,,as the only other variable in this whole thing is your card,,new or not,,,i am really incline to be pointing the finger at either the card,,,the drivers,,or,,(and know you used to have 2 cards in there before, but i have no idea how much power they required) the power supply....

so if it this was me,,,i would definatly put those other cards in there,,,and see what you end up with......you could probably just stick one in there,,that should be enough to see if the game plays better...

if you happen to have a bad card (my ati only lasted bout 2 months) the sooner you make the determination, the sooner you will resolve the problem, and as it stands now,,,seems to me whatever problem you have now is gonna crop up again at some point in time in the future....

but,,,,like i said,,if cfs3 is playing bad,,,your problem does not lie with bhah...

and,,just as a thought,,,i couldnt find a good pic of the 7800 that showed the power pins....but did see that on the 250 it needs a single 6pin pcie connector. does your power supply have one of those,,or did you adapt a 4 pin connctor to run the card...

Edited by sitting_duck

Guys I can't see every post and help everyone on the forum, others help too. We are trying to make addons, aircraft and P4, so rather stretched.

Support email is the place, with your order number to get help if there is no-one can help in here, and you have carefully checked through the FAQ.

Sorry you are having problem with your new video card, but first thing I'd clean out all old video drivers, then run cfsconfig, click FILE, DEFAULT SETTINGS and go see if it works. If you have two DVD readers, swap the disk, or try unpugging one that can cause weirdness. If you use a NO-CD exe then don't and try that.

Yes, still foloowing the thread. Everything else I own runs fine with the new card. Since I'm having a problem running CFS3, I'm trying to find another copy of CFS3. If I ever do, I'll try that.

Sorry, Pol, didn't mean to be a bother to you. I know you're busy. Won't mention you in future posts.

and,,just as a thought,,,i couldnt find a good pic of the 7800 that showed the power pins....but did see that on the 250 it needs a single 6pin pcie connector. does your power supply have one of those,,or did you adapt a 4 pin connctor to run the card...

If you want to try again, do the following:

Uninstall CFS3 and BHaH, if you haven't already done so as before and check registry for CFS3, BHaH and OBD entries. PLEASE be careful when checking registry;

Use Driver Sweeper to uninstall current driver and Phys-X flies. When finished, boot into Safe Mode;

Install 190.62 in Safe Mode and when finished, boot normally;

Change your resolution as you would normally do and then disable Phys-X. Make no other changes in NV panel at this time;

Check how your other games and software are running;

Reinstall CFS3, patch to 3.1a, patch no-cd. Do not make any changes in CFS3 Config. Go to QC and take a free flight only and see how CFS3 runs. If satisfied then;

Reinstall BHaH and and tick the option to pull CFS3 data from hd directory. Don't use the cd option;

Then go through normal BHaH start up procedure allowing config to run, etc.

If you're not sure about any of the above, please feel free to p.m. me.

I hope you get into the air.

plug_nickel (Al)

Followed your steps, IT WORKS! The only thing I did different than the 30 times I tried before is use the No CD .exe. I know it's not supposed to work right in the game, but at least I can run it now. Now to get the joystick to work.Thanks, Al!

Followed your steps, IT WORKS! The only thing I did different than the 30 times I tried before is use the No CD .exe. I know it's not supposed to work right in the game, but at least I can run it now. Now to get the joystick to work.Thanks, Al!

WOOHOO!!! Off you go into wild blue yonder...

Glad you're on board.

plug_nickel (Al)

lol..unbeilivable,,,,

gotta admit,,,i was sure it was that card.........

so...chaulk it all up to a bad exe on the cfs3 install disk???...wow..thats unreal..

im not even gonna put that in my "list of things that can possibly go wrong"

good work almccoyjr!!

lol..unbeilivable,,,,

gotta admit,,,i was sure it was that card.........

so...chaulk it all up to a bad exe on the cfs3 install disk???...wow..thats unreal..

im not even gonna put that in my "list of things that can possibly go wrong"

good work almccoyjr!!

You don't have to patch to 3.1a, just to 3.1. You need 3.1a if you're going to run FirePower along with mudpatch's modified FM. Adding those makes CFS3 a very respectable and enjoyable game. Besides, 3.1 to 3.1a is kinda like "in for a penny, in for pound". It takes about 12 seconds and brings CFS3 up to the last (final?) standard. The no-cd is an absolute must.

plug-nickel (Al)

ps, going XP64 and more ram helped to make BHaH smoke! Thanks again.

Okay, so one more thing. Pol says the game won't run right with the No CD. Is this right? If so, what's not going to work? Thanks again, guys!

Okay, so one more thing. Pol says the game won't run right with the No CD. Is this right? If so, what's not going to work? Thanks again, guys!

The BHaH installed without any problems and runs just fine with CFS3 patched to no-cd.exe. I've been running it that way since my first install. When I went to XP64, I reinstalled BHaH with CFS3 fully patched and with FirePower installed which brought CFS3 up to V1.08. BHaH pulled the data from hd directory without a problem. I've been running BHaH in this manner since first of January, when I went to XP64. Not sure what Pol is referring to.

plug_nickel (Al)

fyi....that is a subject they have asked not be discussed here ....its more of a copywrite thing than anything else,,

fyi....that is a subject they have asked not be discussed here ....its more of a copywrite thing than anything else,,

Sorry, I knew that, I was just very excited to get it running again!

Sorry, I knew that, I was just very excited to get it running again!

Now that's it'a running, another problem! I can map all the keys on my joystick but the hat switch doesn't work for the views. It worked before so what could be the problem? Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Are you running Trackir or FreeTrac . . . as far as CFS3 Controls are concerned, you only have POV1 . . . Normal Schittgrin.gif

No, running neither.