Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Black Widow Progress report

Just to let you all know that, NO, I haven't forgotten it. It's coming along nicely (even though it does need more tweeking of the FM).

The nose arts are KILLING me!! Going cross-eyes bat-s**t crazy, as pretty much each and every one, for all 3 skins -OD and Black for A and Black for the B, need to be completly redrawn and relettered pretty much by hand. The average is between 1-3 1/2 hours for EACH, depending on the level of detail. Some, obvously were much easier; those with simple "text" without any fancy art work.

So, without further ado, here's some shots of the nose arts on the P-61B. This is a VERY large jpg, so I apologize for that. I wanted it as large as possible, so you could see some of the detailing in the decals, skin, etc.

Enjoy!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Hey Wrench:

If the aircraft is close(Beta),drop it on a few of us for flight testing(PLEEESSE,oh most honored and noble aircraft modder). :notworthy:

Then when the nose art is ready you can come out with it.

You can't blame me for trying!! It's a hot machine that some of us are really dying to get our hands on. :yikes:

Edited by ezlead

:rofl:

No, I certainly can't blame anyone for trying!!

Stil got LOTS to do ... haven't even started dialling in the lights; have to email Wolf257 and see if he still has the MAX files for the P-38 cockpit, as I need a 'nodename' to turn one of the gauges into a radar scope (usually a simple ini edit, IF I know the node...)

More serial numbers, as I've one art that for some reason isn't showing (btw, several are 'inteperative', as I couldn't find a matching pinup in my collection or web search, so "Nocturnal Nuisance" gets a Natalie Wood pin-up 'fake' from my extensive collection of Fakes

On "Blind Date", I was very lucky to find the actual Vargas pinup used, so I replaced the art from the scan with that one.

I took a page from how Diego made his hi-rez pilot figures ... everything is done on a mulit-layer PSD, some of which run up to 8 megs!!

So, slowly plugging along. I'll definately keep some people in mind, when testing is needed. Another few pairs of eyes is always a good thing

wrench

kevin stein

oh boy, i've always liked this big, bad bird. believe they operated very effectively off the marianas after the liberation - also okinawa i believe, and kinda spoilt the Jap night bomber ops from Japan against their former bases. can't wait to do a moonlight patrol looking for G4M2's and Sally's.

Right now, the aircraft is 98.6% ™ finished. All the nose arts, serial numbers, skins, ini tweeks, readme, etc are finished. Just need the final screen shots for the release announcement.

I'm just awaiting a fixed LOD that adds the fast/slow prop tgas, then the package goes to Veltro for final approval. Then it'll be in all you all's hot little hands.

I'll think you'll all be MORE than pleasently surprised!

wrench

kevin stein