Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Nungesser and Madon Split up Alb's

Hi All

Just another |Dogfight scene, to experiment with Motion Blur (amongst other things)

All made from 'cut-out' screenies, except the Background clouds.

I just could not do this with any other Sim..BHaH is almost made for this!...It's great, because when I was a kid I spent hours drawing Dogfighting Biplanes, but I was never very good at it!..Now I can create the pictures I always wanted to then.

Thanks again DEV's for bringing so much pleasure to a middle aged fart!!! :salute:

Looks good Widow. Make that 2 middle-aged farts please. OFF is our big ol' sandbox.

Opps..here is the pic :grin:

Thanks RC...dunno what's going on with my posting tonight..I'm adding, deleting and moving things all over the place!..must have fighter pilots elbow or summat!! :grin:

post-22245-12534778568914_thumb.jpg

Hmmm...It looked a bit better before I put too much light on the Newp!....a real learning curve, but good fun!

Another "same with me" thing - I drew lots of dogfights (although mostly Spits vs Messerschmidts),

and there where some WW1 pics. But I didn't have any info, how they really looked.

...looked a bit better before I put too much light on the Newp!....a real learning curve...

And the learning curve never gets any flatter. Trust me. Nice looking furball going on, though. You might soften the more distant planes a bit to simulate atmospheric haze...and there may be one too many planes. Notably, the Albatros on the left. Dunno'. I keep going back and forth on that one. Still and all, a compelling image. Want to do another poster?

Very nice image, WM, very evocative.

I'd agree with Hauksbee, though, about the extra Alb. The eye naturally follows the Newps around and into the centre of the image - excellent composition there. The lefthand Alb jars and drags the eye away. I think you could lose it with no adverse effect at all. I don't personally think there's too much light on the foreground Newp, but you might want to colour the light a bit to pick up the ambient colour of the background.

There's also something unfortunate happening with the image bottomost right unless that's just me.

I agree too guys, the Bottom Alb detracts somewhat...I um'd and ah'd about it for ages, and resized all the planes..moved them around all over the place...looking at it again this AM...I am disapointed with it.

I like the 'swirling' dogfight type of scene..and was pleasantly surprised at how the motion blur looked...but it's just not quite there yet...it still seems 'detached' and doesn't quite tell the story I want it to.

But I have learned a couple more techniques, and as always, I am VERY grateful for your comments...It's what encourages me to continue in my quest for the perfect image! :salute:

(for that reason, I will politely decline your kind offer Hauksbee, in the hope it is still open once I achieve my masterpiece!?) :grin:

Watch this space :good:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Looks good WM.

On the Alb on the left it is too blurred looks like it's out of focus which wouldn't happen so much at that distance. It needs motion blur, or camera shake, not lens blur.

...I will politely decline your kind offer Hauksbee, in the hope it is still open once I achieve my masterpiece!?

Since you're going to go for perfection, the offer will stand for as long as need be. You may not be that far from it.