Sign in to follow this  

I was just wondering which cat file the effects files are located in SF2E/V. I've finally got it set up right and working but can't fund this one last thing.

Thanks

Edited by warthog64

Make an effects folder then put the effects in there.

I made the effects folder but I'm not sure which files go in there, as I don't see anything similar to what is in my WOE effects folder.

I made the effects folder but I'm not sure which files go in there, as I don't see anything similar to what is in my WOE effects folder.

What effects are you trying to put in there? You don't have to extract the default effects and put them in there so forget about those. Any effects mods you download go into that folder usually. The readme will state otherwise.

Only 3rd-party effects need to be in the effects folder. The default effects are contained within the particlesystem.ini, and it (and its attendant .tga files), reside within the flightdata.cat. I suggest that you do not mess with it, unless you know what you're doing.