Sign in to follow this  
LloydNB

Condor skin started

I've got some nice plates of Atlantic Fw-200s so I thought I'd try my hand at one. I'm still trying to get the ripples in the wing skin right.

post-2351-12536998880514_thumb.jpg

Lloyd

I see you changed the tones.

Very good effect of roughness.

the ribs are excellent.

Be using decals for some of the other items (radio call letters, KG40 insigina)???? As the right side tail swas is backwards....

I'd also add some engine faces to those disc-thingy's in front of the nacceles' on the "B" skin map.

did you get a copy of the "Warpaint" book I linked to in the other thread? If not, here it is again:

http://wrench1smog.com/books/warpaint_fw200.zip

give all the squadron codes, and has some really nice profiles.

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Kevin

I haven't been able to find the Warpaint book in New Zealand. Its a bit disappointing though that it doesn't contain a good panel line diagram like the rest of the series.

Colour is the the big hassle. Most books show standard Luftwaffe colours but some show a maritime scheme. I've decided to paint it for the North Atlantic.

As for decals, I've been working on a range of these -post-2351-12537318866632_thumb.jpgpost-2351-12537318960734_thumb.jpg

Lloyd

Currently painted RLM 72/73/65, the concensus seems to be 70/71/65. I've found reference to these colour being taken off a model made by a Condor pilot during WWII using stock squadron paints. May be I'll provide both options - not too hard with "colour replace".

Lloyd

looking good!

did you d/l that Warpaint book? Did it help any (other than adding to your collection! <evil grin>??

wrench

kevin stein

Latest progress shot. I'll start on the underside tomorrowish.

post-2351-12541265833501.jpg

Lloyd