Sign in to follow this  
tn_prvteye

Terrain editor question

I'm reading Gepard's tutorial on Terrain Creation, and everything's going fine...except the "Open Texture List" Part. I'm using SF:E2 so that might be the trouble. When I load the Texturelist file that comes with the editor, not all the textures are showing up. Only around 30 or so. So when I autotexture, I've got less textures for it to place. The textures are listed in the INI, but the Editor doesn't see them. I've gone over the instructions, but can't seem to find an answer. Any ideas?

Do you have ALL the terrain tile bmps IN the TE's main folder??? That includes ALL the sea, sea/land transition tgas (including any and all river tgas), converted to bmp.

Otherwise.....

The tile naming convetions for WoE and SF2E are the same.

wrench

kevin stein

That's it...I didn't convert the TGA's to BMP. Firing up PhotoShop as we speak...Maybe I can find a batch converter somewhere...

Was that all that was wrong? I have all my tga's converted but I'm still missing many textures. All the river tiles, and any transition tiles for land are not showing up. They load if you enter them manually though so I'm not sure what's going on.

That's what was wrong with mine. I think the tiles all have to be the same resolution as the stock tiles to show up, too (256 X 256 with 24-bit depth).

Well, I checked and they all are 256x256 and 24 bit depth, so that's not it. I'll keep looking but for now the solution escapes me.

EDIT: So I manually loaded a river tile, set it up exactly as the ini showed it set up, backed up the texturelist, saved a new own. The only difference I can find in the entry is the addition of RoadType=0. However, adding that line into the missing tiles on the original texturelist doesn't make them show up. Loading the newly saved texturelist shows the river tile in the list. Why? I haven't a clue. It makes no sense.

EDIT2: Looks like its just taking the first 34 entries.

PROBLEM SOLVED: VietnamSJ75B.bmp was physically missing from my texture list. As it was the last tga alphabetically something must have screwed up during batch processing. Double check your tilesets to make sure everything's there.

Edited by GrinchWSLG