Sign in to follow this  

What way do my AI wingmen work as regards using their ECM? When I switch my ECM on do they automatically switch theirs on; do they individually switch theirs on upon being 'painted' by enemy SAM radars; or are the ECM pods on their aircraft just for the hell of it? dntknw.gif

It'd be great if there was a key command where I could order my entire flight to 'start their music' sad.gif

Judging by the behavior of enemy AI, I'd say that they only switch on their jammers when they're targeted (locked on).

Hi everybody...

I feel like the AI has his own Missle lauch detector (lets call it MLD for now)... I mean when I make a silent attak from behind the enemy using long range IR missile e.g. the IR Alamo (AA-10B) they release flares in advance !!!! as if they have an MLD.... from what i have read only the F-22 has it!

Is there a way to integrate such system in the Game, something like a radar screen showing incomings like the ones in the movie behind enemy's lines? if u remember the F-18 in the begining of the movie; the RIO has a screen showing the incoming missile it appears to me that this missile was a SAM-8 i dont remember but if am not wrong mostly an IR SAM! as they were releasing flares!

Thank you

Hi everybody...

I feel like the AI has his own Missle lauch detector (lets call it MLD for now)... I mean when I make a silent attak from behind the enemy using long range IR missile e.g. the IR Alamo (AA-10B) they release flares in advance !!!! as if they have an MLD.... from what i have read only the F-22 has it!

Is there a way to integrate such system in the Game, something like a radar screen showing incomings like the ones in the movie behind enemy's lines? if u remember the F-18 in the begining of the movie; the RIO has a screen showing the incoming missile it appears to me that this missile was a SAM-8 i dont remember but if am not wrong mostly an IR SAM! as they were releasing flares!

Thank you

That movie is 100% unreal, F-18 don't have that kind system.

AI cheats, they can see 360 degrees ect.. :yikes: But i may be wrong, this is just my personal opinion :dntknw:

AI ECM works as Fubar512 has stated. Once an Aircraft gets "Painted" it turns on either Onboard ECM, External ECM Pods or both. If One has set the Frequencys of the Radars and the Bands that the Pods or Onboard ECM is set to Jam in Game, Things get pretty interesting. BTW, One can find Radar Bandwiths in the "Knowledge Base" thanks to Fubar512 and other Contributers.

I have this done in most My installs. In Linbacker II Campaign of SF2V, I sometimes have a EA-6A or EB-66B included with a Strike Package.......Once the Flight gets "Painted", The Jammer turns on it's "Music".....I watch the SAMs fly by with no threat. Does the same to FireCans. But Visual AAA still remains a Threat.

331KillerBee

AI ECM works as Fubar512 has stated. Once an Aircraft gets "Painted" it turns on either Onboard ECM, External ECM Pods or both. If One has set the Frequencys of the Radars and the Bands that the Pods or Onboard ECM is set to Jam in Game, Things get pretty interesting. BTW, One can find Radar Bandwiths in the "Knowledge Base" thanks to Fubar512 and other Contributers.

I have this done in most My installs. In Linbacker II Campaign of SF2V, I sometimes have a EA-6A or EB-66B included with a Strike Package.......Once the Flight gets "Painted", The Jammer turns on it's "Music".....I watch the SAMs fly by with no threat. Does the same to FireCans. But Visual AAA still remains a Threat.

331KillerBee

wow sounds like u made lots of modding work! I assume u have added the values of the radar freq. from fubar's data and added all that to each radar's data.ini then tewaked the freq. of each ECM! right?

wow sounds like u made lots of modding work! I assume u have added the values of the radar freq. from fubar's data and added all that to each radar's data.ini then tewaked the freq. of each ECM! right?

Yep.....Took two Weeks. One for SF2V. Another for SF2E....That's all Aircraft, Ground Radars and External Pods.....There's alot of them....

331KB

Edited by 331Killerbee

That movie is 100% unreal, F-18 don't have that kind system.

AI cheats, they can see 360 degrees ect.. :yikes: But i may be wrong, this is just my personal opinion :dntknw:

Is there any way to tewak AI so it can only react to IR missiles coming head on or the sides to a limit lets say 40 deg from each side? this way i can sneak and fire IR missiles from behind without the AI releasing flares!

personaly i want to make the chaff and flare release automatically from my jet so i dont have to worry about it! i wonder if its possible?

Reasearch is the Key.....If it wasn't for Fubar512 pointing Me in the right direction on Ground Radar Info, I'd be lost. There's alot of Sites out there with good Information on Aircraft ECM Jamming Equipment and Pods out there.

Good Reasearch produces Good Mod results in this Game.....

331KillerBee

Is there any way to tewak AI so it can only react to IR missiles coming head on or the sides to a limit lets say 40 deg from each side? this way i can sneak and fire IR missiles from behind without the AI releasing flares!

personaly i want to make the chaff and flare release automatically from my jet so i dont have to worry about it! i wonder if its possible?

Not that I know of.....Although AI has been upgraded over the Years, It's still limited in what it will react to....There is no "Automatic Release" Mode for CM that I know of....

Edited by 331Killerbee

Yep.....Took two Weeks. One for SF2V. Another for SF2E....That's all Aircraft, Ground Radars and External Pods.....There's alot of them....

331KB

man thats sooo amazing, if its not too much to ask is it possible for u to publish ur WEAPONSDATA.INI and grounddata.ini i would realy like to play the game in an almost realistik environment :)

man thats sooo amazing, if its not too much to ask is it possible for u to publish ur WEAPONSDATA.INI and grounddata.ini i would realy like to play the game in an almost realistik environment :)

Dagger1,

I would, but I don't mod WOX Series anymore. All of mine are done in SF2 Title which don't require a Weaponsdata.ini or Groundobjectdata.ini Edits. It would take me another Week to compile the Information back to WOX Title Formats. I don't have any problem in doing that. It's just I don't have the Time. I'm leaving Friday for Your part of the World and I don't know when I'll be able to return home as of yet.

331KillerBee

Dagger1,

I would, but I don't mod WOX Series anymore. All of mine are done in SF2 Title which don't require a Weaponsdata.ini or Groundobjectdata.ini Edits. It would take me another Week to compile the Information back to WOX Title Formats. I don't have any problem in doing that. It's just I don't have the Time. I'm leaving Friday for Your part of the World and I don't know when I'll be able to return home as of yet.

331KillerBee

time is the most valuble thing, dont waiste ur time man..... thx for ur help man now that I got the idea I will try to mod my WEAPONSDATA.INI

wow so ur coming to EGYPT ? cool, but u will have to learn some arabic! its not hard to learn. I will be happy to translate if u need any translation :)

KB, your work on the radars and the CM pods freq/bands sounds like an interesting mod. As soon as I finish the Unicode updates, I may try this myself.

I just came back from 2 weeks in Cairo. Had a blast refueling the EAF. Wish their Phantoms would have showed up though.

-Jeff

KB, your work on the radars and the CM pods freq/bands sounds like an interesting mod. As soon as I finish the Unicode updates, I may try this myself.

I just came back from 2 weeks in Cairo. Had a blast refueling the EAF. Wish their Phantoms would have showed up though.

-Jeff

wow u were in cairo! hope u enjoyed ur stay... its a big city that doesnt sleep ;) so u were at the practice in bright star? looks like u got some nice pics that F-16A is one of them? any luck with the M-2000's?

-Jeff

Please tell me that you took a few images, while you were refueling them, with the Giza Plateau as a backdrop....