Sign in to follow this  
thewoo1

New Nvidea driver

Yes, I'm using it. I can't tell a real difference in display quality, but I'm not having the annoying little glitches during flights like I was before, so I'd say it's an improvement.

Against my better judgement, i.e. fixing what is not broken...but always wanting to extract the max from my GPU's for gaming and simming, I installed the latest drivers and they work fine with OFF and the other PC games I play.

Just an FYI as well.

Royce

Against my better judgement, i.e. fixing what is not broken...but always wanting to extract the max from my GPU's for gaming and simming, I installed the latest drivers and they work fine with OFF and the other PC games I play.

Just an FYI as well.

Royce

Yea Royce same here I couldnt help myself .. held breath while flying first fight after upgrade seeing how fps held up..

Well, I'm glad it's working for you. I don't want to cast a shadow, but since I posted about this I've started having trouble. I posted about it in the "nv_4 display error" thread. I only get about 3-5 minutes of flying time before getting a graphics crash. I'm really thinking it's something besides the driver, since it did run just fine. I'm hoping it doesn't happen to anyone else, but if it does, maybe we can figure out whats' causing it.

Well, I'm glad it's working for you. I don't want to cast a shadow, but since I posted about this I've started having trouble. I posted about it in the "nv_4 display error" thread. I only get about 3-5 minutes of flying time before getting a graphics crash. I'm really thinking it's something besides the driver, since it did run just fine. I'm hoping it doesn't happen to anyone else, but if it does, maybe we can figure out whats' causing it.

Did you ever resolve this problem?

I updated to that driver and thus far - not very long - I have not experienced any problems.

I've downloaded the drivers and had nothing but grief. While OFF ran fine, I had issues with a host of other games, including the original Call of Duty and Grand Prix 3. I checked around on the forums and noticed that this particular release seems to have some issues with older games. So take that with a grain of salt.

I had a number of 'nv4_disp' errors under XP-Pro after installing and uninstalling the '07s, and have had 'Graphics drivers have stopped working' with them in W7 (which was also a frequent issue with Vista, one of my reasons for getting rid of it). I also get mild jerking and stuttering in W7.

191.07 here...no problems...running OFF, Fs2004, Grid, BIA...all seem good

idea.gif I have found that for some. Old drivers for old games and New drivers for new games works. Ive had grief with always updating drivers.bye.gif

Did you ever resolve this problem?

I updated to that driver and thus far - not very long - I have not experienced any problems.

Hi,

I finally got tired of fighting it and uninstalled it. I went back to v. 190.62 or something like that. I did some reading on EVGA's website and saw that lots of folks had trouble with the newer driver so I just cut my losses and went back to something that worked better (for me).

That said, in my particular case I think that it was a problem with settings on my system. Still, I found it rather too fiddly to deal with.

Edited by VonGuber