Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Google Find

Ballyhoo?

Actually, it's named after its Portugese spelling/pronunciation..."Balao".

Actually, it's named after its Portugese spelling/pronunciation..."Balao".

I'm not too good with Portugese. Balao I would have picked up on. Although you couldn't have made it much clearer.

that's cool that you worked on the museum.

Edited by Typhoid

that's cool that you worked on the museum.

Yes, I underwent the crash course in scraping, using a needle gun, primering, and painting. Since I was a diesel mechanic by trade, I was soon spared the indignity of working outside in November, and was sent down below.

Hey, ever see old 40's and 50's sub movies, where the crew moves from compartment to compartment by grabbing the upper hatch coaming and swinging through? That's only true if you're less than 5'4" and 140 lbs. I have an old 35mm print of me somewhere, squeezing into the aft torp room. If I find it, I'll scan it and upload it.

Perhaps i´m playing with a little advantage, but is she one of those? Spanish Cat Class

Edited by macelena

I thought it was a Gato too, but a Balao. Very, very close.

Don't feel bad, I helped restore the damned thing, and I forgot that it was a Balao...lol

Don't feel bad, I helped restore the damned thing, and I forgot that it was a Balao...lol

HA!

If the best the intel weenies could have done to get me to miss a recognition flash is to mix up those two boats, I'd have been quite happy!

:grin:

Btw, where is she? Couldn´t get anything on the window

Edited by macelena

Btw, where is she? Couldn´t get anything on the window

40° 52' 48.97" N 74° 02' 22.92" W

40° 52' 48.97" N 74° 02' 22.92" W

Thanks. I got a travel to plan grin.gif I guess this may stick with USS Intrepid if i´m fast

Edited by macelena

Thanks. I got a travel to plan grin.gif I guess this may stick with USS Intrepid if i´m fast

The USS Intrepid, the USS Ling, and the USS New Jersey are all within two hours driving time of each other. The USS Nautilus is 2.5 hours west of NYC, and Battleship Cove (in Fall River Massachusetts), is also well worth a visit.

BTW, what part of Spain are you from? My Father was born in Santiago de Compostela.

Gato class sub.

close but no cigar.

see above.

The USS Intrepid, the USS Ling, and the USS New Jersey are all within two hours driving time of each other. The USS Nautilus is 2.5 hours west of NYC, and Battleship Cove (in Fall River Massachusetts), is also well worth a visit.

BTW, what part of Spain are you from? My Father was born in Santiago de Compostela.

Mine is now stationed in Ferrol Naval Base, wich is around and hour driving from Santiago, so i was there a couple of times and i expect to be back again soon (recommended visit by many reasons), but i´m from Cartagena, at the opposite corner of the country, beside the Mediterranean. (For those who played Imperium II, New Carthage, also recommended for a visit)

Edited by macelena

m Santiago, (recommended visit by many reasons), but i´m from Cartagena, at the opposite corner of the country,

Funny, been in both places........

Hou doe,

Derk blink.gif