Sign in to follow this  
jayo

I Have Exceeded Download Limits?

Im allowed 30 D/L a day as a valued member,but after D/L 3 aircraft this morning im getting an error mssg stating ive exceeded my limit for the day?

Anyone else had this?

I was D/L Operation Bear Hunt and around 10 aircraft last night, 22:00 GMT,is it a time-zone issue?

Was hoping to get OBH up and running today dntknw.gif

Ok its now 10:40 GMT and im Downloading again drinks.gif

Unfortunately im only getting a 50kb\sec rate,compared to an average 450kb\sec first thing this morning,gonna be a loooong day.

#&*$**!!! 10:45 (GMT),1 D\L later and ive got the exceeded limit mssg again,whats going on?

Anyone?

it could be something to do with being across the atlantic. i have screwy download situations and times all the time and i'm deployed to afghanistan. as for the speed dunno what to tell you im always runnin 12-15 kb every download. the moderators aare the ones whom you need to talk to the most here.

Some of the confusion can be caused from the following.

1. It's based on the past 24 hours (daily) and there is no magic reset time. So if you download a bunch of files at 3:00 am in the morning then they will clear at 3:00 am the following day. The system uses a last download calculation so that as you download a file that particular file falls off your download count in 24 hours. Hopefully that makes sense.

2. Download accelerators cause problems with the download system. The new software counts connections to the server so if you download one file but make 30 connections to the server to get that file (which is what download accelerators do) then you've used up your downloads. Where as if you turn off any download accelerator programs you'll make one connection to the server and then the files are counted correctly.

3. Browsers sometimes have built in download accelerators (sometimes called download managers). Internet Explorer and bundled browsers from your ISP are notorious for this. I'd recommend getting a stock installation of FireFox or some other Web2.0 compatible browser and see if your problem goes away.

While we try to make things smooth for everyone sometimes personal configurations and settings can cause problems. I apologize for the inconvenience.

E