Sign in to follow this  
swetye

SPEED : Cannot keep up with AI Aircraft

I cannot keep up with the AI aircraft. I get left miles behind from my formation. Has anyone else experienced this ? Is there any way to keep up? I have tried everthing I can think of.

AI don't use simple engine model, they use complex (manual pitch adjust) plus know every trick there is to get max acceleration and max speed.

Thank you for the input. I will keep working on catching up to the AI.

@ swetye & JediMaster

That is partially true... As JediMaster (with all due respect 4 the light side of the force =) said, it has to do with complex engine management, but even then the AI performs some "outstanding" features that can hardly be copied! Although I have been playing for a while, I still have a hard time to follow the AI in manual mode. Not to mention other feat's - carrier landing, or tight turns (so tight but yet no speed is lost) or what ever else the AI is doing... I have been talking to some other guys on different forums and they all (player with a solid flight time in various flight simulations) agree that the AI is exaggerated. Anyway, just wanted to tell you swetye not to worry about them AI. Star or if you already play on-line, you'll see the difference.

Sorry 4 my unpolished English... It has been a while!

Utmost respect 2 both!

Sydious

Well, I didn't just want to say "AI cheats!!"...even though it does. :wink:

Just to add two tricks on this:

- switch auto pilot on, then you'll be flying like the AI and won't be left behind.

- try to get the best from your plane: trim your aircarft for speed, low the prop. pitch, close radiator ... in many cases you'll be able to keep the pace with AI planes.

best luck