I could have sworn i saw a pic of it some time ago but i don't know if the mod even exists or was the work just speculation.

Any clues?

what you mean a proper layout of a sam site like you find in YAP?

what you mean a proper layout of a sam site like you find in YAP?

David Star disposition

lgbgolfosead.jpg

md_5872_Image_4.jpg

This is Diego's SAM site model. It's waiting for Swambast's placement tool, it makes no sense to release it beforehand, as all the units must be placed and oriented by hand, on a suitably flat section of a given terrain.

img00035.JPG

Fubar512:

Actually, Old Diego's SAM Site is already included in the SF2V/WOV Air & Ground Expansion Pack as terrain object and as an optional ground object. The \Optional\OldDiego folder has a copy of the ground object as well as text file providing example site layouts (as ground object and as terrain object). See the attached screenshot.

I just spotted two minor errors in the example layout for the site as a terrain object (heading for the SAM_Site item is listed as 90 instead of 0; target item numbering starts with 000 instead of 001). I'll be including a corrected version of that text file in the next update to the Expansion Pack.

Eric Howes

post-25400-12595129919599.jpg

The above is what i am looking for.

However, i'm still on the original WOV and so am looking to spice up a fresh install for the DiD challenge.

Thanks all.

And You'll be scratchin' Your Head in finding Places up North that are totally flat to place it. As Fubar512 has stated, Since it's a Flat .LOD like an Runway, You'll need Flatened Ground like the Terrain Editor does for AirBases. I'm not saying one, two or more can't be placed, But to be as close as accurate as this Web site shows North Vietnam Air Defences, You'll need alot of work. Swambast's Target Placement Tool may help somewhat. Just short of building a whole new Vietnam Terrain using the Terrain Editor to level out the SAM Sites just like Airbases. I dedicated two whole Months in working with it. It's one of the harder ones that has "True" Limitations off the Bat.

331KillerBee

OK,

i still have my SAM map that i made a few years ago and so i'll deal with things as they always have been dealt with.