Sign in to follow this  
Fatman

Problem with Aircraft Carriers

December 01, 2009

Wrench and ezlead:

Down loaded the Campaign Operation Olympic into a fresh WOE. Followed the download with README FIRST. Using Sept 2008 Patch, latest WW2 Formations and Weapons Pak.

On the aircraft carriers CV-5 is the new CV-10 Yorktown, CV-6, is the USS Enterprise, CV-8, is the new CV-12 USS Hornet, CV-9, is the new USS Saratoga, CVE-118 is the new CVE-26 USS Sangamon, and Formidable is the R-27 HMS Formidable.

Cannot take off or land on the flight decks. When I try to land all the ships and carrier start firing at the plane. The plane get blow up before it ever lands. Question what can I do to correct this problem.

Thanks

Fatman

the 08 patch level is NOT, nor will it ever be, reccomended for WW2 installs until 350+ aircraft are brought up to speed.

The WW2 Weapons Pak is also 06 level, and will need to be run through the 08 weapons editor to update it to match the rest of the game's exe and dlls.

------------------------------------

As to the CV issues, ezlead will have to answer those. My only comment would be the only YORKTOWN class carrier that I supplied with the Okinawa Terrain Upgrade Pak (well, the hack job from the really old one), was Enterprise6, as ENTERPRISE. All other Fleet Carriers should be CV-9 class, which are available ONLY from the DATs site. The CVEs and CVL supplied are the _T variety, and are not usable for take-offs and landings (addressed in the Okinawa Terrain Upgrad Readme). Fully operational ones are probably in my 'Central Pacific' terrain

The 2 BPF carriers, Victorious and Formidiable, are fully operational (having usable flight decks), and should be totally interchangable, as they're the same COLUSSUS class carriers.

Looking over the campaign data ini, you might want to switch the "SB2C" to SBD-5, as no Helldiver exists. I'm sure this'll cause some issue with playability.

all things considerd, I'd delete everything -create a new 06 ONLY level install, reinstall all the PTO objects and terrains, and start fresh.

Remember, too, ez said the campaign IS a Beta, so there's probably some bugs hiding in it somewheres. And, as discussed in the "WW2 Invasion of Japan Thread" in the PH Forum, you'll probably want to back up my orignal types and targets inis in the Okinawa terrain, as some changes were made to them

wrench

kevin stein

I've had that on occasion.

check the nations.ini and ensure that all are friendly. Sometimes the nations ini in the terrain won't align with the data ini in the object. Then bad things happen on deck........

other than that

:dntknw:

Sorry about that,Fatman.

I renamed the Formidable(ground object) to make the other carriers.

I also had problems flying off of the others.

The Formidable was the one that I had the least problems with.

As for getting shot at. Back up Wrench's Okinawa_targets file and his Okinawa_movements file,then put mine in the Okinawa terrain folder.

If you are on the wrong side of the red line on the map the ships will fire at you.

If you need to,private message me here and I will try to walk you through it. I check in here everyday.

Wrench is right about 06 level patch,I forgot to mention that.Props don't fly to well with 08 patch.

Edited by ezlead

Dec. 05, 2009

The ships no longer fire at the planes when they try to take-off or land ( That has been corrected).

Here is what is really odd: In Missions the planes can take-off and land from all the aircraft carriers.

In Campaigns the plane can not take-off or land, the plane goes right through the flight decks onto the water.

Question why does the plane work in Missions and not in Campaign?

Thanks

Fatman