Sign in to follow this  
Red-Dog

MISS-MATCH

Hi chaps, just tried to host a game with Von Baur and Av8er, they both came up miss-match? I have the 'Hat in the ring' installed they both don't so hang fire before you install.It could be i've done something wrong but we tried with just the camel selected and still the same result.? Thinking about tomorrow with Vasco so beware.....

i was watching the files as they got installed,,and i belive there is a new xdp installed with hir,,,not sure if its just for engine sounds,,dm,,or what,,so thats probably why you are getting mismatches,,,,

and now that there are new xdp and bdp files....might very well be a good idea to run thru the backup process again,,,but,,this is just a hunch,,,

beard has been scoping out a utility for those ppl who wish to play modded. Might be a good idea for you all to look at it, and see if it will help sort out some problems associated with modded game play.

Some effects have been changed and there have been several tweaks changes and fixes in HitR in the XDPs. Although 3rd party ones would work the new changes would be lost of course.

yep,,,new xdp files in hir

yep,,,new xdp files in hir

Hey SDuck, have you tried hooking to another HIR modded game? I just installed it..

Duck, Stumper and myself hooked up last night with HIR with no problems.

If we had copies of the original files those of us with HIR could possibly put them into the game using the Jones Soft Mod Enabler. With it we should be able to easily remove them after the game. I alas have already upgraded to HIR and therefore don't have the original files.

Beard

Duck, Stumper and myself hooked up last night with HIR with no problems.

Thanks Ax.

Beard,,,,not really sure where the installer puts what,,if you dont have mp contol on, and dont have autobackup offline on,,im going to assume that there is a chance your mp folder in ww1 scenery might have the old files still.....the dates of the files in there might tell you something,,,,

im still working,,and gotta put the good computer away for the space,,or i would look there..

just a guess...

played with dutch tonight, and for me at least,,the above proceedure worked.

i took my files in the wwscenery folder for offline, (the dates for those files where older than what was in default) and copied them over to my aircraft folder in off...

to get back to where i started, i would just have to go to workshop, and hit restore to default.