Sign in to follow this  
Saint19

Newbie Question? Adding Aircraft

Hi all,

I'm new to Strike Fighters. I just purchased the SF2 Combo Pack. I want to add an A-6 Intruder. I see Monty's A-6 and have tried to add it by following the directions. I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. I tried to add it into SF2-V. But I see it nowhere in my list of flyable aircraft. Also what is a weapons file??? Do I need to add that as well as I want to make sure I have appropriate weapons.

I realize that the A-6 by Monty isn't for SF2....is that my problem? Thanx for your help as all this modding stuff seems pretty vast. I'm unsure of where to start although I've read some of the posts in the beginner section. They all seem geared to the WOV series and not SF2-V.

Welcome here! :drinks:

1st you should try the search-function of this forum.

2nd look in the Knowledgebase of the SF-Section here.

Yes it is a problem.

Welcome here! :drinks:

1st you should try the search-function of this forum.

2nd look in the Knowledgebase of the SF-Section here.

Yes it is a problem.

Thanx for your help. I did get the fictional A-6A working. I did try to search but was unable to figure it out. I've got a few other planes installed now as well.

Once again. Thanx. I tried but still couldn't get the A6A to work. I did get the A-6E TRAM to work with a few others though.

Hi Saint19 and welcome to Combat Ace! If you've got the combo pack then I recommend that you initially cut your teeth by downloading stuff from the SF2 area of the downloads section and you'll soon pick up on file structures and what goes where. In a short while you'll be up to speed and can then raid the SF1 section because there's virtually nothing in there that can't be brought into your game once you know your way around.

And as someone famous on this forum once said, "The Knowledge Base is your friend"cool.gif

Yeah, you're right. I guess I'm just a bit too eager right now. Thanx for the suggestion.