Sign in to follow this  
ghostrider883

Indian Navy Upgraded Sea Harrier Pic

getimagebm.jpg

Probaly the first one showing Upgraded Sea Harrier. It is carrying to two Python Vs on dual rails.

the missile with white tip looks like derby to me?

Yes, those are the Derby BVR missiles, not Python V and those smaller ones look like IR acquisition rounds.. Mistake on my part.

I thought these were decomissioned. However, with (i guess) new radar, and ability to carry two drop tanks, two Derby and two IRM, maybe these are not as good as an AV-8B+, but will certainly provide a good service while you get the CTOL carrier and the MiG-29K operational - these are better, i´m afraid, than our AV-8B+.

Isn't exactly a new bird, is she?

May not be new but then again what is nowadays... ???

How exactly? Apart from a re-spray, it looks very similar to the original FRS.51 nose...

http://www.airliners.net/photo/India---Navy/British-Aerospace-Sea/0810252/L/

On first look, I thought the nose cone looked a bit smaller. But on confirming again, it looks liek t hsaem old nose cone. It however has a new EL/M-2032 radar to guide the Derby missile.