Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

For those with 3ds Max 9...

For those with 3ds Max 9 (and eariler versions), it was noted in Vista 64-bit that the ThirdWire exporter did not work, requiring either a seperate partition, or doing without 3ds MAX (I believe Zur and Fox Monter both encountered this problem which put a brake on certain projects).

This appears to have been fixed in Win7 64-bit. I'm running the 32-bit version of 3ds Max 9 in Win7 64-bit Home Premium, and the exporter works just fine...did the following test:

img00001.JPG

Ignore the skins, still awaiting nicer versions from a fellow modder.

Anyway, what you see are exported with and without decals. No issues noted at all.

FC

Edited by FastCargo

I've been lazy on upgrading to Win7 due to the fact that without SP2 Vista, my computer is stable, but good to hear when I do get Win7 :smile:

I knew that, actually I didn't know it was a problem on Vista sorry, had I knew that I would report sooner :dntknw:

Looks like we're finally getting the Arrow!!!

woot!!

wrench

kevin stein

Windows 7 Home Pro 32 bit , Max 2009 and TW exporter for 9.....................NO PROBLEMS !!!!!

To be clear, the 32-bit OS was not an issue (ran Vista 32-bit just fine with 3ds Max 9 and the exporter). But there were consistent problems with the 64-bit OS. Not sure what was fixed, but as long as it works, I don't care.

FC

Excellent...

Now I can actually work in native Windows instead of through Virtual PC!

Thanks for the heads up FC!