Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

Belgian Ace Jan Olieslagers Camel Now Available

Greetings All,

I have finished up my latest skinning project, the Sopwith Camel belonging to Belgian ace Lt. Jan Olieslagers of 9me Escadrille de Chasse. I have placed it in our downloads section and it should be available there soon. I wish to thank Winder and rabu for their outstanding skins and graphics that provided me the starting point for this paint scheme.

OFF_Jan_Olieslagers_Camel.jpg

With the first-rate work that Red Dog has been doing as of late on some of the other Belgian planes from the Great War we should soon have an entire array to choose from. When I return from my road trip next weekend I will try get going on a few more kites to represent our brave Belgian flyers.

Cheers!

Lou

Very good Lou, once i've finished touching the ones i've done up a bit i'll post em in the downloads forum.

Wunderbar, Lou! Now let's hope it will attract some more Belgian pilots!

Thanks for the kudos Gents. Duce, I agree, it would be a boon if we could fly for Belgium and have a pilot page to represent that service as well. Italy and Russia would be two more I'd like to have on that list, since we're in a wishing mood. smile.gif

Italy and Russia may be 'some bridges too far', as the CFS3 world/map doesn't reach that far.

But the Belgian fields Les Moeres, Coxyde (now Koksijde) and La Panne (now: De Panne) -

all west of Brügge - and the field at Moerkerke further east, where used at various times in WW1.

See here (click away the German and British sign, choose "by aerodrome" - the dots are very pale,

but if you move your cursor over them, you get the Escadrilles and times of service there).

http://patriot.net/~...end/WW1AirMap2/

Edited by Olham