Sign in to follow this  
Crab_02

PAF J-6 (MiG-19) skin update

Pakistani Air Force Shenyang J-6 w/markings for the Combat Commanders School. I have finally figured out how to use PS Pro 7, and done my first camo skin (thanks to Pasko, Nosecone, Klaatu & Stiglr for help and advice w/decals and skins).

PAK_6_CCS_1.jpg

PAK_6_CCS_2.jpg

...still have a few minor tweaks - some decal rework & placement, will be 10 - 12 decal/skins in the pack when complete.

S!

Crab_02

Lookin good Crab_02 lookin mighty good

Is PS Pro paint shop pro or photoshop pro? Everytime I try to use photoshop pro my plane comes out all f***ED up... i.e. When I tried to put name on my canopy the nose turned black, the nose gear was showing through the nose and I got a lot of red lines everywhere.

Anyone can point me in the right direction?? PLEASE

Fast Eagle,

I have Paint Shop Pro 7.2 & Adobe Photo Shop 7. I am using Paint for skins, and Photo for decals.

I have seen/read aobut some of these problems here and at simHQ:

Nose turning black - ???? is it a decal or did you paint the name directly on the skin?

Nose gear showing - could be to many decals on the nose mesh. (max is 4)

Red lines - as stated in the decal tutorial, and others, you must have at least 3 pixels of space between the decal and the edge of the image or the colors will run.

Hope this helps, my experence has been alot of trial and error - and help from folks here on the form - Thanks again to everyone who has helped me out!

S!

Crab_02

Coyote,

Wait 'til I post the ugly ones!

Seriously, thank you very much.

Great job on the Il-28s!!!!!

Awsome site, and how do you find the time to crank out all your excellent skins???

S!

Crab_02

I do a big release on the weekend, so I do em during the week, after I get off work..so in essense it just seems like alot, lol

Nose turning black - ???? is it a decal or did you paint the name directly on the skin?

Used photoshop and used the text tool to type my name right on the canopy rail (or as close to even as I could get) then saved the .bmp and tried to play and the nose was black and the wheel showed through.

I did NOT mess with the decals

mmmnn...

I got nothing.

maybe one of the experts can help, Nosecone is a decal guru, and 0DB_Beer has the name on the canopy rail thing down pat.

I got some high res Ejection Seat Warning Triangles to work ok, I think it is the same concept....

????

Fast Eagle, you may want to run those pics through an image program and shrink down the file size, at 1.5 Mb each some of the 56k people might get upset with you... :lol: