Sign in to follow this  
Veltro2k

Didnt know this film existed till yesterday - when we were chosing which film to see. The 3D thing was novel although blurry in places - and the story was cliche'd and predictable - but still possibly one of the best things ive ever seen.

Just seen it...

Dances with Wolves in 3d in Space...

Thankfully without Kevin Costner...

Finally gone to see that yet famous legend. The 3D is still perfectible. There remains some disturbing bloomings on the closest ranged objects, and some bright effects gave me the impression that somebody was playing the fool with my optical nerves. But some over effects like the rain of ashes actually give you the impression that you could catch them.

The storyline and most of the developments are highly predictible ("The Last Samurai tuns blue"), and whereas the action sequences are unquestionably awesome, the movie has not impressed me on that point. Say, leaving the movie theater, I felt no ecological impulse to paint my naked body in blue and climb to the nearest tree. No, it's Januarily cold here, and these damn' wet trees are much too slippy. Neither was I in the mood for riding gliding green dragoons. The nearest gliding green thing here is a unit of paratroopers, and I am not open-minded enough to ride one of them (or to try to, at my peril).

In brief: a well-cut jewel, but you just find a diamond where you expected to find a diamond.

I have a doubt the Na-vI (Was that the name of those aliens? I can't remember right now). Were bald people isolated from their society or they had a wi-fi brain? We had a lot of laughs with tis kind of questions after watching the movie.:rofl:

My mother and I saw this in 3d as well yesterday. IT WAS FRIGGIN AWESOME! Yes the plot was predictable but who cares. The plot was alright in my eyes and besides about time a hero was a person in a wheelchair. And for the record, I thought that blue alien chick was beautiful. Eh maybe I'm biased cuz Sully saved the forest and got the chick :).

The most impressive part for me was the technology that made the movie. From the 2d/3d camera, the virtual camera for the CGI parts and the motion capture suits and the facial capture camera that the actors/actresses wore so they could really act out the lines instead of doing voice overs. I told my mother that I wanna see it again. Thinking of asking my friend from my grade school days to come along :).

Falcon

PS. For that scene that sully first experienced the avatar... I would of done the same thing. Would love to ditch my chair for good sigh.