Sign in to follow this  
buddye

PCGamer Review of BOBII Version 2.10

I thought you guys might be interested in a PC Gamer review of BOBII. You might try contacting the author (Ron Stone) at PC Gamer and ask him to do a review of the new OFF3 release.

The BOBII review is in Dec 2009 UK edition (Issue 208, Christmas 2009) of PC Gamer which carries a double page feature/review of v2.10, and very complimentary it is too.

Tim Stone reviewed the original BoB II (giving it 68%) and revisits it since 2.10 in the Extra Life/Update section.

Some excerpts:

" (Bob II)......has gone from disappointing lame duck to breathtaking bird of paradise. The main architects of this transformation are an improbably dedicated, incredibly knowledgeable band of officially-sanctioned modders called BDG."

" ...Fans call Battle of Britain II 'The Time Machine' and new features such as the 'multiskin' bombers show how passionate the team are about authenticity...."

"...AI expert Buddye has, over the years, helped hone one of the finest AIs in all Simulatia..."

"...Always striving, the team have also worked out a way to wring yet more truth from the authoritative flight models..."

"...3D instruments such as the Spitfire's compass and fuel gauge, faulty since Rowan times, are now fully functional..."

He concludes:

" Even with direct competition from Oleg Maddox's Storm of War just around the corner, BoB II is going to keep winning new devotees with it's potent atmosphere, extraordinary dynamic campaign engine, classy AI and constant stream of BDG-engineered improvements. Forget what I said in 2005, this is one bally marvellous sim."

Obviously lots more in the article, thoughts on MP, ground update, mixed skills etc. Well worth buying a copy. ( Not sure if the US version carries the same piece though.)

A pleasant surprise to see it in a 'mainstream' gaming magazine and nice to see the BDG receiving some 'more public' recognition.

A super Christmas Present for the BDG........................

• Like 1

Salute.gif Storm of War what a bunch of Hot Air been hearing about it for a long time, but it never comes out. Last I heard they were going to due like Rise of Flight and charge up the wazoo for playing it. On the good side, I have BOBII and its a good round of fun. It does have a steep learning curve but good fun and well done. Kudos

BoBII WoV is my second favorite sim. 2.10 version really adds the atmosphere to the game. Buddye and those involved with BDG are top notch folks.:good: I recommend it to anyone who likes to fly a Spit once in a while.

My favorite sim? OFF of course! But there is enough room on the hard drive for both.

Crossbones

Congratulations Buddye

Nice to see you and your team getting the recognition you deserve good.gif

Happy New Year!

Great news Buddye! You deserve some publicity for all the hard work. Hope it gives you a good boost too - look forward to reading it.

OFF P1 was in PC Gamer US some time ago, in a short review (can be found on our website), maybe one day we'll get in there again.

All the best!

For more info go to the BoB section and read: A2A  

I have stopped at something like 2.4 but I will upgrade it to the latest 2.10, and give it a new try.  :yikes: