Sign in to follow this  
Dutchie

how to claim downed aircraft

Hi guys

everybody a happy new year!

still practicing with OFF, but yesterday i saw the light Salute.gif i downed my first victim it was in QC but i cant see it in my pilot dossier,confirmed kills.

Am i doing something wrong?

how can i claim one?

i was pretty proud for it also because i shot all my rounds at him.

thanx regards pascal.

Claims are for campaign I think.

There is a setting in the workshop where you can choose where downed plains in QC count and appear in Pilot Dossier.

Hi guys

still practicing with OFF, but yesterday i saw the light Salute.gif i downed my first victim it was in QC but i cant see it in my pilot dossier,confirmed kills.

how can i claim one?

thanx regards pascal.

Unconfirmed by army, means unconfirmed. Don't go riding around the countryside looking for your downed enemy.grin.gif

Hi guys

how can i claim one?

thanx regards pascal.

pascal,

Also take note of a few things before each campaign flight. Record the names of your flight members and those of "A" flight if you are accompanied. When you score a kill, you will be required to fill in a claim form, and you'll need to record the names of any witnesses. (witnesses on the ground sometimes work too for example "ground staff at Vert Galant airfield" might work if you were alone). Also handy is a quick location, obtained by pressing "z" and writing down the Lat and Long (pause whilst you do this of course), or go to your map and look at the scale and write "10 miles NW of Douai". Type of aircraft and Squadron also helps.

Basically, before you take off, record the names of your flight buddies (in the briefing room), then if you are about to get into a fight, pause, write down the squadron and aircraft type, and rough location, then get stuck into it. If successful, record the time of the kill.

All this information, and still they only MIGHT be confirmed.

Edited by Check Six

I've had 11 of the last 14 kills rejected even with my wingman as a witness, and covering me in a fight. We have followed them all down and watched them go boom when they hit the deck, and they have crashed on our side of the lines. So as it stands, I have 33 claims, and 14 confirmations. So it just depends on the roll of the dice.

The trouble is though, having like 10 or 11 rejections in a row for lack of corroboration when your wingie was there with you. And I had good run there. Weather wasn't bad or anything like that. I think I want an option to land and collect a souvenier from the wreckage.

We all know what your wingie saw . . question now is . .What did your wingie write ? I'd hate to have a jealous wingie, he faced death as much as you did. He was in an aircraft identical to yours, but you file all the claims. He was just along for the ride it seems, after a while it's only natural for him to say: What am I, chopped liver ? I'll show him

Well, they usually do end up chopped liver! grin.gif

I think I'll opt for the souvenier collecting option.

Edited by ConradB

pascal,

Also take note of a few things before each campaign flight. Record the names of your flight members and those of "A" flight if you are accompanied. When you score a kill, you will be required to fill in a claim form, and you'll need to record the names of any witnesses. (witnesses on the ground sometimes work too for example "ground staff at Vert Galant airfield" might work if you were alone). Also handy is a quick location, obtained by pressing "z" and writing down the Lat and Long (pause whilst you do this of course), or go to your map and look at the scale and write "10 miles NW of Douai". Type of aircraft and Squadron also helps.

Basically, before you take off, record the names of your flight buddies (in the briefing room), then if you are about to get into a fight, pause, write down the squadron and aircraft type, and rough location, then get stuck into it. If successful, record the time of the kill.

All this information, and still they only MIGHT be confirmed.

There's a trick I do to keep things simple and not end up with my computer desk covered in paper recording the names of my flight members.

I open a text file and copy and paste the names of the individuals in my flight from the campaign screen (before you head into the briefing screen) by highlighting them by dragging the mouse with the left button down and then pressing ALT-C to copy. I then paste the text into the document (ALT-V or 'Paste') and sort the spacing out and add commas so they're all on one line. Copy that line (highlight and ALT-C again) and when the claim form comes up after the mission, highlight the contents of the box for witnesses and ALT-V the buggers in there.

Once you've done it once, all you have to do is ALT-Tab between the game and the text file to add or subtract individual flight members when they change.

Vasco :pilotfly:

Edited by Vasco