Sign in to follow this  
Dutch_P47M

OT: RB redux1.2

I wish them well, but to me OFF is already the modern reincarnation of RB3D, so why do we need another. Seems to me they have a long haul ahead of them even to catch up to where OFF is now, and won't they still be stuck with an engine that is ancient by modern standards? I loved RB3D but after OFF I can't imagine anyone could tweek it enough for me to ever back.

• Like 1

I wish them well, but to me OFF is already the modern reincarnation of RB3D, so why do we need another. Seems to me they have a long haul ahead of them even to catch up to where OFF is now, and won't they still be stuck with an engine that is ancient by modern standards? I loved RB3D but after OFF I can't imagine anyone could tweek it enough for me to ever back.

Amen! :drinks:

FYI: some RB readings here on Redux 

Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted on progress. I would love to see Red Baron updated. t

The more interest in WWI the better.

I would support both programs if it comes out, but I would say they have their work cut out for them. It has taken OFF awhile to get to it's cuttent state, that I am very happy with.

Cheers MarkL

seconded....drinks.gif

If I take a look at the member page, just curious: are OFF3 OvS and Redux Otto van Stachel the same person inhere.  

If I take a look at the member page, just curious: are OFF3 OvS and Redux Otto van Stachel the same person inhere.

Yes, that's me.. I'm just there for consultation... and help to ask around for parts from old RB3D guys that I know. Basically they ask me... 'Where do I get this plane?', I say... 'From SWWISA member... XXX'. Etc.

I have no artistic interest, or anything else other than seeing the old girl get a specific MMP make-over. I gave them rights to use my Hell's Angels patch, however they can, but they are really interested in having a full scale server catering to the massive Multiplayer of RB3D. Apparently, MMP is still alive and well, and should be as it can support 50+ players. Other than that, RB3D's SP is dead. I couldn't imagine trying to revive it being based on voodoo technology, and limited aircraft without using all kinds of add-ons and stuff.

But hopefully, the guys in MMP will benefit from their efforts. :)

OvS

Hmm I never did buy that RB3d from GOG in the end.. I had 2nd thoughts. I have many fond memories of wasteing my highschool days playing that. At the time the graphics were jaw dropping. I think its best to let it lie as a happy memory. I get my memories ruined too much playing some games on emulators from the SNES, Megadrive and Amiga days I started playing games I remembered to be amazing.. After 5-10 mins the nostalgia wears off then i think why the frak did i play this its crap..

When playing OFF it feels 100% like RB3D anyway and more..

With OFF's deep campaign and selection of aircraft along with ROF's damadge models and eyecandy. Dont think I would ever play RB3D again..

Edited by Pappy55

With all the add-ons, RB3D kept going for quite some time. To see the MP still going is cool though.

When playing OFF it feels 100% like RB3D anyway and more..

With OFF's deep campaign and selection of aircraft along with ROF's damadge models and eyecandy. Dont think I would ever play RB3D again..

Yeah, why bother? I re-installed it recently to try out TrackIR with an old familiar game. TrackIR made a massive improvement in my dogfighting, but after a few days, I got tired of flying in a fishbowl. Even with Full Canvas Jacket and Hell's Angel patches, just wasn't up to modern OFF standards.

Gump's bonus page used to offer patched copies of RB3D, but I think it's moved here http://www.rb3d.net/phpBB3/ Not sure...

Edited by BirdDogICT

I wish them only the best with their project. I worked for a while with Python on the Italian Alps map trying to sort out terrain tiles and drome placements and such, but I simply lost all interest in my old favorite WWI sim when my new favorite found it's way to my computer.