Sign in to follow this  

Hi, I know this ma have ben addressed before, but I notice there's some recent CFS 2 B-26 marauders released. Could these be converted to sf or sf2 with the author's permission of course. S ee here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=29671

There's also a few at simviation under cfs 2. Just dont know if its easier to do from scrathc than a converted model. :idea:

Guest rscsjsuso5

not an expert on cf2 or the plane but if u want the plane for sf you would have to go to a-team's site capun.

hope all work out for u

With permission sure, just ask the author the original .3ds model but ofcourse , if you don't know how to convert it to .lod using the 3d studio max, you'll also need to find a modder who is intrested in it, but we don't see too many cases like this here.

yea, know what you mean. i have no modding skills let alone skinning as I work 2 jobs to eke a livin. Just dont know if converting is easier than building from scratch.

Wait....Wait.... no one modeled a B-26 yet ??? :dry:

wow thats right...Lots of A26 but no B-26 wierd... :cool:

Pasko started one about 5 years ago....and it never materailzed.

And it's easier to start from scratch than try and import from CFS, you loose all the animations, and have to rebuild them, and there's always the 'shape not quite right sometimes' issues, and you wind up reshaping anyways...so,.....

wrench

kevin stein

Wolf257 has one WIP. Cocas to. but how the state is ??????

@ Wrench the animations arn`t that difficult to make

well, i listend every time from my modeling friends that they get pissed in doing animations and its the hardest part of the job....

anyway...most of converted models have huge disfunctions such misplaced polygons and shadow problems.

Is someone going to step up and say they have a wip ?...or do i have to continue :spiteful:

B26.jpg

The B-26 does have a nice look. Wolf's needs some TLC for sure. Go for it Veltro2k!

drinks.gif

post-23661-12634218283942.jpg

Interesting!!! I wonder how many other birds Wolf's sitting on???? ... I'm just dying to see his Spit and Hurri...

got for it Ed!! It'll look good over the Tunisia/West Med terrain (if I can ever finish it....)

wrench

kevin stein

Interesting!!! I wonder how many other birds Wolf's sitting on???? ... I'm just dying to see his Spit and Hurri...

got for it Ed!! It'll look good over the Tunisia/West Med terrain (if I can ever finish it....)

wrench

kevin stein

besides me, I bet there are others that could give wolf a hand and give credit where credit is due

VERY Nice!!

Veltro, if you don't mind, I'm going to move this thread into the "PropHeads" forum.

wrench

kevin stein

VERY Nice!!

Veltro, if you don't mind, I'm going to move this thread into the "PropHeads" forum.

wrench

kevin stein

your a mind reader Kev...was fixing to ask you

:grin:

I should also mention, I think there's a Detail and Scale and probably a Warbird Tech on the Marauder over at farposst. Be worth a look-see!

wrench

kevin stein

Wow! Nice veltro. you move fast. One of my favs anticipating. Good for the raids on Ploesti refineries and in Italy.