I just saw the Mirage Factory A-7A (and B) model. It's for Gen 1, but last updated June 09.

I currently have Gen 2 (SF2:V) and am playing with the Expansion Pack 2.0 add-on.

Which A-7A/B should I use if I am seeking the most accurate FM?

The MF A-7A and B model. The Mirage Factory doesn't skimp on the FMs man :good:

I just tried the A and B out a minute ago. They look rather different (the intake seems flatter and wider - not sure if it's my imagination or not), but man... it's like an aerobatic plane with a rocket shoved up it's ass.

I don't honestly know what an A-7 should fly like, but the difference does leave me wondering.

Also.... what the hell is that "canoe"? I put one on the outer most pylon and it wanted to invert the plane on the runway.  :blink:

maybe a screenie would help us ID said "canoe"??? although I suspect it's the LD

wrench

kevin stein

maybe a screenie would help us ID said "canoe"??? although I suspect it's the LD

wrench

kevin stein

I didn't think to get one in the hilarity, sorry. :) It's really long, shaped like a ski, and called RA-5C. From what I could find at wikipedia, it looks like it's associated with the RA-5C Vigilante aircraft and is some sort of electronics sweet. It's a very heavy beast though, as it caused the A-7A to just fall over. And it's not jettisonable either. I'm curious if it does anything. Had I put it in the center, or in pairs, it would have been ok (balance-wise). I just didn't know what it was and was trying different things out on the range.

A-7 isnt supposed to carry that thing.

The A-7 was a shortened up lighter weight F-8 with a fan engine.

It was a hotrod with very good inflight manuevering .

The guys that I knew that flew it,loved it.

It was designed to replace the A-4 with the Navy and a couple of aircraft for the Air Force.

It did both very well.