Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

The Sim I used to play before OFF

WW1 mod for SDOE

Is the game that blurry and out of focus or is it just the video someone did?

Graceful butchery, accompanied by Bach's powerful Toccata and Fuge in D -

seems to fit. A but heavy though.

What was SDOE ?

Looking like fun, but maybe more arcade type?

red baron 3d with HASP and WFP was the sim i played before OFF.

i was aware of p1 and p2, but considered HASP and WFP still better and used it further, and waiting meanwhile for BHAH to be released.

Graceful butchery, accompanied by Bach's powerful Toccata and Fuge in D -

seems to fit. A but heavy though.

What was SDOE ?

Looking like fun, but maybe more arcade type?

Screaming Demons over Europe :salute:

The WW1 mod had a huge variety of aircraft (some of which I look forward to flying one day in OFF)

such as a Snipe for instance?...hahahahahaha

And no, it wasn't arcade at all really...a proper sim

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

i was aware of p1 and p2, but considered HASP and WFP still better and used it further, and waiting meanwhile for BHAH to be released.

Thanks for the compliment! You rock! good.gif

Creaghorn is not the only one who thinks HASP is great. I found OFF P3 by accident while browsing the web for some extra content to RB3D + HASP.

Without OFF, I'd still be playing RB3D + HASP. Actually it still has some things better than OFF, particularly the campaign engine. If OFF some day reaches that kind of level of immersion in its campaign system (which I'm sure it does at some point), I know I've died and gone to heaven. :grin:

Creaghorn is not the only one who thinks HASP is great. I found OFF P3 by accident while browsing the web for some extra content to RB3D + HASP.

Without OFF, I'd still be playing RB3D + HASP. Actually it still has some things better than OFF, particularly the campaign engine. If OFF some day reaches that kind of level of immersion in its campaign system (which I'm sure it does at some point), I know I've died and gone to heaven. grin.gif

it's on a good way. we'll get there, i'm sure. what i miss (some more cool features missing yet, comparing rb3d engine and BHAH) is the 2d mission replay tool, telling what happened to whom, with great detail. wolf got hit by guynemer of escX., wolf has oil leak, wolfs aicraft catches fire, wolfs bailing out... dunno the english terms, my rb3d version was german so it was written in german. but the detail and the real names instead of code numbers were great.

another thing is the direct outcome of the mission the the outcome of the pilots in the mess. on the other hand, as long as one side wipes out the other side without survivors, i like it as it is now. otherwise every other day you would have a completely exchanged squadron. but if there is a way of regrouping and survivors on both sides of the fight in P4 hopefully, then it would be cool to have a direct impact of the mission outcome to the pilots.

Same here. Even with XP and the hoops that had to be jumped through were worth the effort. Aside from being a very old game engine, it was a lot of fun until BHAH came along. I can live with the things that still have to be dealt with, and I was looking forward to BHAH since last January.

With every little thing the team members address, it gets better and better. Like a fine wine. drinks.gif

SDOE - HASP - WFP - I realise I must have missed a lot in the past!!

ArgonV WW1-FS it is still free. Try to fly the Sikorsky bomber. heat.gif

I always was focused on the WW2 period. As a young boy I build a lot off WW2 airplanes kits, like Airfix/Revell etc. WW1 and jetplanes was not my cup of tea.

My first was RB mission generator, because it was cheap and a WW2 flysim not.

There was a .pdf on that disk, printed it out for a better reading and from that time of, I'm always played WW1 flysims and my focus changed to WW1 period. Besides RoF/OFF3, I'm still playing RB3d on my old Voodoo3 rig.

Edited by Dutch_P47M

You dont even need the original disk anymore...the whole thing is available for download

Don't expect it to be OFF or RB3D with the great addons by OvS....But, worth a look and a blast for old times sake

http://www.moddb.com/mods/fighter-squadron-world-war-one/downloads/fs-wwi-plane-pack-5-all-in-one-dvd-iso

I still have my RBII disk, RB3D disk, and HASP and WFP6 or 7 I think are burned on a disk somewhere. With HASP, and WFP, RB3D was a whole new game. It definitely revamped the vanilla version, and was far more stable. HASP was great for when you had those days where you were pressed for time and didn't want to mess with updating CM11 or needed a break from the WFP in general. OVS did a real good job on his supermod for that one. I liked Rabu's terrain that HASP used better though. The colors weren't as washed out. And being a painter from time to time, I like vibrant colors.