Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tracker

Twin Otter

Guest Tracker

Twin Otter

DHC 6 Twin Otter, Argentina Air Force. Created by Syd Adams. Modified and adapted by Tracker.

Role: STOL Utility transport. Link between Argentinean mainland and antartic bases.

Combat record:

During the Malvinas War, the Twin Otter T-82 relized two flights to the islands, in order to evacuate wounded and the remains of the decesed A-4B (C-206) pilot Lieutenant Nívoli, shot down during the attack to frigates Glasgow and Brilliant on 12 May. In the first flight it was impossible to load the body of the pilot, task completed during the second flight. After the conflict, in one of the nose sides of the T-82, could be seen a read that sayd:

"28-29 May 1982 Borbón Island. Recovery to the continent of ejected tripulants an wounded in combat".

Source: http://www.aeroespac.../524/castor.htm

Model distributed under GNU license. Original author (Mr. Syd Adams, From Flight Gear community) kindly allowed me to share this modded version of his work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- ESPAÑOL:

DHC 6 Twin Otter, Fuerza Aérea Argentina. Creado por Syd Adams. Modificado y adaptado por Tracker.

Rol: Transporte utilitario STOL. Enlace ente el continente y las bases antárticas.

Historia de combate:

Durante el desarrollo de la Guerra por las Malvinas, se realizaron con el T-82 dos cruces a las Islas, con la finalidad de evacuar hacia el continente los heridos y el cuerpo sin vida del Ten. Nívoli, piloto del A-4B (C-206) derribado durante el ataque a las fragatas Glasgow y Brillant el 12 de mayo. En el primer cruce no fue posible embarcar el cuerpo del piloto, hecho que se logró recién en el segundo intento. Tiempo después de la culminación del conflicto, sobre uno de los laterales del morro del T-82 se podía ver una leyenda que rezaba:

"28-29 de Mayo de 1982 Isla Borbón Recuperación al continente de tripulantes eyectados y heridos en combate".

Fuente: http://www.aeroespac.../524/castor.htm

Este modelo es distribuido bajo licencia GNU. El autor original (Señor Syd Adams, de la comunidad Flight Gear) amablemente me permitió compartir esta versión modificada de su trabajo.

This model is provided under GNU license. Original author (Mr. Syd Adams, From Flight Gear community) kindly allowed me to share this modded version of his work.

Great, thank you!

Maybe there are Templates also available??? ;)

Would like to do some skins for that bird and bring it to Gen2 Status... ;)

Guest Tracker

You welcome guys. Hope you enjoy it.  :drinks:

As usual, I forgot to mention something: It's tested on WOI with October 2008 patch. In SF 2006 version, inner animations (doors) don't work 

I'll upload the templates today, maybe in a couple of hours or so. Feel free to modify it in any way. But always remember to point to the original author, Syd Adams (in fact the templates were done from zero by me, but based on his model). 

Saludos!

A terrific addition!!

An Air America skin anyone?

I tried it in SF-2.

Putting 'Helice' files in each skin folder fix the prop.

But I couldn't show the cockpit. Which SF-1 cockpit did You use?

Than the AI take off don't works well: the planes spin on the right and crash after take off.

Please solve.

BTW it's a real great plane. Bravo. :yes:

Paolo :drinks:

Edited by paulopanz

Guest Tracker

Hey Paolo!

I don't have any SF2 version installed right now (lack of disk space), so I can't test it. It was developed in WOI with October 2008 patch. It worked fine in that version.

About the AI take off problem, try editing the center of gravity position of the aircraft. To do so, search the line CGPosition=0.0,0.0,1.4 inside the file Twin_Otter_Data.ini. Try using CGPosition=0.0,0.0,0.0 or any other value.

The model includes it's own cockpit, it's stored on the "Cabina" folder. Perhaps SF2 has problems with the ini code (I guess unicode has something to do in SF2). You can try editing the name of the cockpit's lod file (Cabina Twin Otter.lod) using another one without spaces, and be sure to point to the new name in the Twin_Otter_Cabina.ini. Try editing this lines:

[CockpitData]

Directory=Cabina ----------------- Directory where the cockpit files are stored 

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=Cabina Twin Otter.LOD -------------------Lod file's name

Hope it helps you Paulo. 

Lasciate che essere sicuri! La ringrazio per il tuo commento! (google translation!)

cockpit works in sf2.. but its position is too low = not visible on the runway .. take off and it will pop into place..

Ok the take off set CGPosition=0.0,0.0,0.0 works fine.

The cockpit don't show on take-off.

Anyone has a fix?

Thank You all.

Paolo :good:

Edited by paulopanz

Guest Tracker

Seems like SF2 is quite different from earlier versions...

If the problem is that the cockpit is too low (thank you Crusader!!), I'll recommend change this lines in Twin_Otter_Cabina.ini:

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=Cabina Twin Otter.LOD

Position=-0.45,2.50,-0.25

Offset=-0.45,3.0,0.8

Last numbers is the or vertical position of the cockpit and the vertical offset (pilot head's position). You should try to increment this values and see what happens. If the cockpit doesn't shows at all when in ground, but pops up when in the air, maybe the problem is other place, but, again, no SF2 for doing tests here. I'm really sorry, made several tests in order to tune things and fix issues, never have this problem in my install. Hope you can fix it Paulo. 

If the problem stills, I'll have to make some room and install SF2, but won't be able to do so for a couple of weeks. Really really sorry man.

Best luck Paulo!

Great A/C.

Animation is really nice.

I am working to position the para's.

Thanks - Great addition.

Seems like SF2 is quite different from earlier versions...

If the problem is that the cockpit is too low (thank you Crusader!!), I'll recommend change this lines in Twin_Otter_Cabina.ini:

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=Cabina Twin Otter.LOD

Position=-0.45,2.50,-0.25

Offset=-0.45,3.0,0.8

Last numbers is the or vertical position of the cockpit and the vertical offset (pilot head's position). You should try to increment this values and see what happens. If the cockpit doesn't shows at all when in ground, but pops up when in the air, maybe the problem is other place, but, again, no SF2 for doing tests here. I'm really sorry, made several tests in order to tune things and fix issues, never have this problem in my install. Hope you can fix it Paulo. 

If the problem stills, I'll have to make some room and install SF2, but won't be able to do so for a couple of weeks. Really really sorry man.

Best luck Paulo!

I'm sad but it don't works ...

... wonderful plane indeed. :good:

Paolo :this:

Works fine for me in SF2 needed some replacement of the tga`s to have some canopy glass, but not sure about the FM in SF2, I`m flying under nornal mode and the bird is unflyable in this mode will try it under hard

But damn tracker, you have done a great job and nice animations ;-)

:drinks:

Awesome plane! Greatr work. It will be nice to have An-2 Colt as quality as this aircraft...