Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Attn All Airmen

Whilst on leave, you may be attacked by a Ruffian

If so, follow these 5 methods of self defence

Most kind of you to update my self defence standards to that of the most modern teachings should I be set upon by ruffians in Paris or the like.

Might also come in handy against a cunning Jerry if I prang my kite sausage side, so long as I remember to take along my Hat, Umbrella and Watch.

Haha, That is so great.

Is it just me (being american) or is it extremely hard to understand what they are saying?

~Jake

Haha, That is so great.

Is it just me (being american) or is it extremely hard to understand what they are saying?

~Jake

I see you don't watch enough British films!

There are many, and good ones too like Zulu, The Battle of Britain, The Dam Busters, The Cruel Sea, Sink The Bismark, and a whole host of them. Plus anything from the Python boys will get you up to speed.

Well I've seen a fair bit of Python. So I guess I need to pay attention to the words some more.

words..... thats a woody word isn't it?

~Jake

The Ruffian Scallywag is of course speaking Cockney (most Brits have trouble with that too...frightful noise)

Whereas, the decent, law abiding gentleman, is speaking Her Majesty's English :grin:

If anyone spoke like that these days in the UK..they would probably get their teeth knocked out...hence the need for a stout umbrella! :lol:

"What'chew on'bout, Wida? There's no barney bout understandin' that rabbit n'pork. You keep on wif'at an I'll be the one what's knockin out your 'ampstead eaf I will! Cor, at'sa'kind aw charlie chalk what makes me mad." treaten.gif

Hilarious vid BTW, thanks for sharing.

biggrin.gif

Haha, That is so great.

~Jake

No... in America, we're a little more lazier than that and would handle it like this.

OvS

Haha, That is so great.

~Jake

Two peoples separated by a common language. When I was a teenager, our local PBS channel played The Benny Hill Show on Saturday evenings. I never did fully understand what he was saying, but I did enjoy "Hill's Angels". THEY spoke the international language.

bennysgym.jpg

Edited by NS13Jarhead

Err Widow old chap you being from up Tyneside way and all that and you have the cheek to complain about Cockney... I spent 5 years up that way and somedays listening to the old Gordie like... was enough to drive anyone nuts... :rofl:

Err Widow old chap you being from up Tyneside way and all that and you have the cheek to complain about Cockney... I spent 5 years up that way and somedays listening to the old Gordie like... was enough to drive anyone nuts... :rofl:

Ah my friend..I agree...Because, although I now live here, I'm not in fact a Geordie at all.

I'm from Surrey. (so we probably sound more Like Chomdley-Warner than they do..hahaha