Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Do these gentlemen look unhappy?

If you ever landed behind enemy lines and got captured, you know these two gentlemen.

As the note says, they where in the POW camp in Karlsruhe.

Now, Karlsruhe would be "Carl's Rest" in English - and like having a good rest, they look to me.

So, perhaps this picture helps you Entente flyers to be less frightened of getting captured.

We Germans won't let you starve.

http://www.earlyaeroplanes.com/archive1.htm

Edited by Olham

Yes crumpets, don't be afraid of becoming POW's - the Imperial German Army has more than enough turnips to properly feed every captured Entente pilot. "Once you pop*, you can't stop!" :grin:

*open a can of turnips

As you fellows know, Lt Christian Rasmussen has been in captivity for slightly less than two weeks. He is planning his escape as he recovers from his wounds. They are slight and he already has found some utensils to cut through the flimsy fense that surrounds his compound. The food is great and nourishes his body so he can return to his fellow mates.

This is really tough, not being able to particpate in Krauts vs. Crumpets, but I am getting a little time in practicing. All the well I wait and get serious again once I return to my main computer. Good luck all of you.

Well, Ras, you could still participate here by telling little stories from the POW camp?

Well, let us assure you Hun Chaps, that NO such favours will be extended to your airmen when captured!

It will be Rock Breaking and Sauerkraut for you my lads! :lol:

They're not happy its just that they have a cunning plan... a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Widowmaker - no German would ever expect something eatable from British cuisine!

That's why we are fighting so hard, not to get caught! :grin:

(And I remember, Pol - that Shepperd's Pie might be an exception).

"It will be Rock Breaking and Sauerkraut for you my lads!"

Vat!!?? Zis sounds like a fine German avternoon outing yah!? Not zo bad zeese English.grin.gif

ZZ.

Rock breaking? - Oh the vandalism!!! yikes.gif

By the way, those are CHUNKIEST rugby posts I've ever seen.

Edited by Flyby PC

UncleAl, you are somewhat 'rotten minded' sometimes, oh man!

Body language of the left guy says to me: only half an hour, until we get some good food again! Hmmmm!!!

And of the right guy with the pipe: we surely underestimated them - they do get a nice tobacco from Turkey! Hm!!!

But you can't see it - it's like with children in the dark: they want to see monsters - and they see them.

Breaking rocks and sauerkraut?

No problem. I'll make a deadly flint knife while out breaking rocks, then use the sauerkraut to dissolve all the chains, locks, and bars between me and freedom. Plus, it'll ruin the noses of any bloodhouds on my trail.

Edited by Bullethead

By the way, those are CHUNKIEST rugby posts I've ever seen.

Actually gallows for the vertically challenged.

Edited by gordohk