I have no idea if this is something that can be implimented,certainly not by me, but is there a way to intentionaly include flaws into a flight model that could cause stall or spins or even structural failure?if that was the case and IF somone had a way to write a "flight model switching program" that could randomly insert the a flight model into an aircrft folder that could make for some interesting test missions.I guess if you had a folder with say 8-10 flightmodels and only a few had the flaws you would get one randomly incerted ino the plane then go test it and see what happens.I'm pretty sure it would be alot of effort but something I was thinking about so I figured I would throw it out there.At the very least it would give someone an excuse to make some of those cool X-planes.

Edited by whiteknight06604

For the record Matt, we have a pilot figure with your likeness on it when we are testing planes. :lol: Not sure if you want to know how many times he has crashed...... yikes.gif

For the record Matt, we have a pilot figure with your likeness on it when we are testing planes. :lol: Not sure if you want to know how many times he has crashed...... yikes.gif

probobly not as many times as I've crashed in the game.It's a good thing my flight asperations don't go beyond the keyboard.On a side not maybe a few crashes would improve my looks a bit. :lol:

Well if someome wants to run into troubles testing an aircraft I suggest to play with some parameters.

[LeftWing]

StructuralFactor=-0.5 (the wing will sustain half of the g force limit)

or if you love to have a bit of glow....

[Engine]

MaxInletTemperature=120 (lower this value)

there are also unhappy landings...

[NoseGear]

MaxLoadFactor=2.0

But I don't know how to do a little randomizer program.

Edited by Spillone104

Randomizer

Something I was thinking about for simulating operating failures.

Tweak or add semi-functional things to the data.ini and make their hit boxes really large, as in SUPER large. Then setup an AA gun or guns around the terrain that have astronomically poor accuracy but when combined with the large hit boxes of the tweaked systems, could hit the aircraft in those boxes and cause damage. Something like that.

Whiteknight,

I have seen the AI depart aircraft during ACM, but it is pretty rare. The first time I noticed it, I had brought two MiG-21F-13s on my tail into the vertical in my F-14. I had more speed than them, and as they ran out, one stopped pulling, went nose down and began regaining speed. The other began to spin. I hit F6 and saw the pilot gone. It has also happened with doc_nele's Flogger flight models, where he tried to model the very limited AoA and handling characteristics of early model Floggers. If they pulled too hard, they'd depart. But other than these instances, I don't usually see the AI loose control of their planes.

From a player perspective, to me it seems that departures are easeir to do with the latest patches. I've departed the F-5 and MiG-23 irrecoverably, and put the F-14A into a flat spin, which was recoverable with rudder and aft stick. Was pretty interesting to see the nose just stuck about 5-degrees down as the terrain went spiraling around.

For overstress, as Spillone stated (and is being discussed in the F/A-18 Mishap thread) the StructuralFactor will modify how much stress a part of the plane can take.

So at least some of those tests you want to do can be done as it stands.