Hi all modders and thanks for reading. Anyway to get around this little problem I'm having or is this a game engine limitation? Thanks for your ideas...(and LOL...where is Stary when you need 'em?) Sorry, don't know why I can't post my image directly (keep getting this "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board" so I must be doing something wrong or I'm not important enough...)

Custom Tree Problem

Looks as if you have mip-mapping enabled in the alpha0bject material section.

you would place the image in image tags - but you should only be posting jpgs up here because they are a lot smaller than bmps (which take much longer to download) - its pretty easy to convert - just save it as a jpg (jpeg) next time.

As for that issue - which ive never seen myself - have you tried to open and alter any of the files in your terrains folder with a program like photoshop?

Have you had probalems with add on trees before.

In Terrains - if you find the tree files - what resolution are they?

what game do you have - and what patch?

those are the seperate 'tree' or forest items from the factory place, aren't they?? There should be a tree.tga in the factoryplace set (somewheres!!).

they look like the tga dosen't match the lod mapping, or they're made of poster-board; be good adver space for CA (oh, wait, we already have a sign for that...). Actually turned them into palm tees once, but tossed them, as it's much easier to add tree directly to the terrain's TOD files. (excepitng in a case like this, where one apparently is adding them as terrain objects on an airfield for scenery)

be great if someone would build a terrain object 'stand of trees' (a dozen or so) to place on airfields ... would have looked very nice on the Solomons terrain scattered about Henderson

if you think adding trees as individual items is hard, even with the SST, try linking road tiles. Until I had a brainstorm....(2nd pic)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench
added converted jpg

Thing that it looks like to me is the trees don't have a proper alpha layer in the TGA.

That would be my guess off the top of my head.

FC

Guest Raden

those are the seperate 'tree' or forest items from the factory place, aren't they?? There should be a tree.tga in the factoryplace set (somewheres!!).

they look like the tga dosen't match the lod mapping, or they're made of poster-board; be good adver space for CA (oh, wait, we already have a sign for that...). Actually turned them into palm tees once, but tossed them, as it's much easier to add tree directly to the terrain's TOD files. (excepitng in a case like this, where one apparently is adding them as terrain objects on an airfield for scenery)

be great if someone would build a terrain object 'stand of trees' (a dozen or so) to place on airfields ... would have looked very nice on the Solomons terrain scattered about Henderson

Hi Wrench quite a while no see u. Sorry to interrupt, yet as u guys were discussing TREES, allow me please to get ur attention, especially one (modder) who has mod this added Trees, I forgot the exact name, for WOE. It's an environment add-on I guess. 

As soon as I DL-ed it last time, I had these BILLBOARDS-look-lke trees in my WOE (latest patch/update 2008). Kindly inspect them by yourselves. Nothis was/is wrong with my hardwares/graphic card.

They might be either the NewTrees (bmp) or NewForrests (bmp) of said add-on

Thanks for ur time.

Problem solved by simply Deleted them!

if you think adding trees as individual items is hard, even with the SST, try linking road tiles. Until I had a brainstorm....(2nd pic)

wrench

kevin stein

and the point to the above post .... is....??????

wrench

kevin stein

Yikes, another screwed up alpha channel. You guys need to repack those images properly with dxtBMP or some other program. If the alpha doesn't have the proper mask color, it will show through to the edges of the square file.

I like the idea of multi tree grove models. It saves on vertices but I haven't got the terrain editor working yet to mod my .tod tiles. Too much overhead. Any advice for a quick startup?