Sign in to follow this  
jomni

Singapore Air Show 2010

I was able to go to the Singapore Air Show today.

Highlights of the Flying Display are as follows:

1) USAF B-52 fly by

2) Republic of Singapore Air Force F-16

3) Singapore Apache Longbow

4) USAF A-10

5) Korean T-50 Golden Eagle trainer

6) Some French civilian chopper (don't recall the model)

7) Aermacchi M-346

Overall, the show was good fun to watch. The Singapore F-16 and Apache did do some maneuvers together. :good: And the A-10 did show off it's maneuverability. :grin:

The T-50 was nice as it is a very sleek supersonic trainer. Too bad the RAAF F-111 didn't make the show due to technical difficulties (showng it's age?). It was supposed to do it's dump-and-burn trick.

Didn't get any pics as I only brought a celphone cam.

Static display was ok. Nothing much. Didn't get to take a lot as the crowds spoil most of the shots.

The F-35 was there. But I believe it is a life-size model and not a real plane. For the Singapore Air Force display, you can get close and personal, sit on the cockpits, and take pictures with pilots. They had the F-16, Longbow Apache, Chinook, etc on display. The lines were too long so I didn't try and get into the cockpits of these planes. Here's some pics of the Longbow.

SNC00003.jpg?

And of course the famous front profile... (with kids holding on the gun). :grin:

SNC00006.jpg

They had some UAV's from the US and Israel. Here's the Global Hawk. Didn't imagine it to be so large.

SNC00002.jpg

Some pics of the USAF F-15

SNC00012.jpg

SNC00008.jpg

Little bird?

SNC00014.jpg

The Australian F-111 was there along with several civilian jets.

It was a very hot day and I'm tired. :heat:

Found some videos of the show on the net:

http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?i=Y3g1MEJ4cWuRpY09mNEE&singapore-airshow-2010-flying-display-2-febwmv

Edited by jomni

very nice... thanks for sharing :)

the last copter looks like a little bird but not it's nose boredom.gif

Forget that dump and burn sh*t, essentially, that's all they're used for these days. You see one, you've seen them all. It's a real shame. They used to carry bombs once upon a time. That said, just seeing an F-111 in the flesh is a great experience. You can feel the power of that aircraft from kms away!

Were there any SG-Eagles on display??

Nice shots there - I was suprised at the size of the global Hawk also!

No SG Eagles spotted. Since they're quite new, I suppose they're all in some airbase in the US on training duty.

Edited by jomni