Sign in to follow this  
Wilches

Gothas issues

Gents, in my install all of my Gothas G.IV explodes as the game starts. They lose the wings when touching others. When I select to fly alone to avoid the collisions, the plane doesn't reach anough speed to be airborne. Any fix for that? Thanks!!

Gents, in my install all of my Gothas G.IV explodes as the game starts. They lose the wings when touching others. When I select to fly alone to avoid the collisions, the plane doesn't reach anough speed to be airborne. Any fix for that? Thanks!!

As of now there is no way for big bombers to take off together on airfields. The spacing of aircraft at take-off is set up for fighter aircraft. So the wingspan of the bombers makes it a bit tight. You can manually change the spacing of aircraft by editing the WWI_AIRFIELD.ini found in any of the terrains' folders. The spacing is done by X,Y coordinates. But the spacing might look too big when using fighters. I just start in the air.

As far as the flight model is conserned, Peter01 has created great new flight models for all the aircraft. Including the GothaGIV. They can be found in the CombatAce download section under First Eagles/Flight Models. There might be a couple of them. Just choose the one you like best. My Gotha works flawlessly now. The AI bombing when you do is still a bit rough though.

Hope this helps

Terrific! I'll take a look on this! Thanks a lot bud!

Hello Claudio. Good to see you. Try this airfield .ini. I have staggered the line up on the field so bombers don't take up so much space. They are packed in pretty tight but I think I have the take off order set so they don't crash. At least it works with Gothas. It also doesn't spread the fighters out too much. Put a copy in each terrain folder.

WWI_AIRFIELD1.zip

Also in airfield.ini, I changed the Touchdown value from 200 to 100 (or did I lower it to 200? you'll see if you open it), and managed to get the AI to land in the middle of the field when coming home, and then they run out to the edge of the field instead of off it into the trees... Try it out.

[Runway001]

Heading=0

Offset=0,0

Length=480

Width=280

LaunchAll=TRUE

TouchDown=0,200 <<<<<<0,100 here