Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

User Skins / Sub Categories etc

The Moderators have agreed to set up some more user friendly category for the OFF BHaH Skins..and wish to know, what actual categories we want?

Do we want Allied and German downloads seperated off, with the aircraft categories for each OFF plane added?

(if you have a look at the First Eagles Download area..perhaps that will give you an idea?)

If you can post your thoughts, so we can decide sooner rather than later, that would be most helpful

thanks all

The way the skins are arranged for First Eagles is quite nice. A folder for the major type of Aircraft (Spad, Fokker, etc..) and then a catchall folder for less prolific types, one for Allies, one for Hun. That seems to be quite workable, admittedly it would be nice to see a folder for each model, Fokker E3, Fokker EV, Fokker DR1, etc, but that in itself seems a little much to ask :grin:

Beard

That also sounds good to me.

I know this may be a different subject, but, if at all possible, when in advanced search, it would be nice if the catagory selections actually worked...

I can never get the catagory option to work. If i search for Fokker dr1 in over flanders fields skins downloads, i get results from all forums,,and all posts...

Since the skins area was flooded by hundreds of half-baked skins by one bustling contributor,

I lost interest, to be honest. It might be a good idea to make them also findable by the name

of the member/creator, so the other people's skins would have a chance to be found at all?

Or is this already possible - not sure?

Apart from that, it would be good to make sections for the precise aircraft types, like:

1. Albatros D I + D II

2. Albatros D III early

3. Albatros D III

4. Albatros D V

5. Albatros D V uprated

6. Albatros D Va

7. Albatros D Va 200

and so on for the others.

This was brought up some months back. As then I now say that the First Eagles setup works well to my way of seeing it.

Yes, It will be like the FE one.

Too much work for the guys to put each type of Albatross as a sub category I'm afraid Olham

Suggest, for the Albs we have

1) Dead

2)Nearly Dead

3) In my Gunsites

4)yep...dead

:lol:

It might be a good idea to make them also findable by the name of the member/creator

You can already do this. Problem is, it's only possible once you find 1 file by that person. When you do, there's a link to find other files by the same guy.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, of course, Widowmaker!

You got it wrong; it would have to be:

1) deadly

2) deadlier

3) helldog

4) Pilot: The Bordeauxred Baron (aka: Olham)

Mmuahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!