Sign in to follow this  
KJakker

F-86K flight control issue.

I was trying out the F-86K against MIG-17's and I had an odd flight control issue. Often when I try to bank left to begin a left turn the aircraft snaps into a right bank. The reverse does not happen when I purposefully bank right. The specific aircraft is the F-86K included in NATO Fighters 4+. I have not encountered this issue with any other aircraft. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

The problem is the Ymac parameter. Left should be negative and right should be positive.

I had that problem too until I checked out the prop heads forum in the fixes which also answers this problem too.

I tried what you said changing the right wing's Ymac to positive but now the aircraft roles to the right when ever I pull back on the stick.

If you are using a joystick, make sure its calibrated. Changing the YMAC for me did fix the roll issues of the F-86D/K/L.

I tried what you said changing the right wing's Ymac to positive but now the aircraft roles to the right when ever I pull back on the stick.

Ignore this the above. I missed the fact that there is an outer wing segment I also had to edit. It flies perfectly now.

like I said in the post in the PropHeads forum, you have to check ALL the Ymac values on ALL the flight surfaces. You'll find them on inner AND outer wing statements, and also on the horizoital stabs

while not a complete fix, it DO help!!

wrench

kevin stein

• Like 1