Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Bristol Scout

LOL! Sorry, man...I know all the variations on this must be driving you up the wall!

Just to be clear: I think it's generally accepted that Hawker's 1611 had roundels on the wing undersides.

As for the skins, I'm not sure what your intentions are regarding the final product for the A-Team download. Do you intend to include more than one skin in each plane's pack?

I'm not sure what skin they would like to have for the package. I would asume they would want a good generic skin for each model. Then I'll just post the rest here at CA. I guess it really wouldnt matter if they used all the skins for their package. But that would make the file too big for no reasson. Lots of decals and skin templates. We'll see

One skin per plane...Good decision! :good:

So just by way of a suggestion, you understand:

For the single side mounted Lewis version. I think the most appropriate skin would be a generic version of 1611, that is; clear doped with roundels in all the usual positions, but not including the serial no. 1611

For the upper wing Lewis version, go for the 'Eastchurch' skin. (Red rings and flags)

For the two Lewis 'D' version, use a 'clear doped' skin of your choice.

Then go for a PC10 scheme on the Vickers gun version.

Hawker's 1611, and any others you're gonna do, available seperately.

Sorted? :dntknw:

Edited by Southside Bucky

That sounds like a plangood.gif . Almost done too. Lookin good. Looks good flying in formation. Funny, there are many parts in the templates that dont even show up on the plane. And there are parts on the plane that aren't even on any templates.blink.gif

Thanks a bunch once again buckydrinks.gif

BTW there is a small thread by Capun at skunkworks about the Lewis gun being animated at reload. It's supposed to swivel down to reload using F6 key (I think). You'll have to add some text into the correct file. But I'm sure it will be included in the final package if it works. Whiteknight was supposed to check it out to see if it works. Fingers crossed, would be a cool effect if it does.

That sounds like a plangood.gif . Almost done too. Lookin good. Looks good flying in formation. Funny, there are many parts in the templates that dont even show up on the plane. And there are parts on the plane that aren't even on any templates.blink.gif

Thanks a bunch once again buckydrinks.gif

BTW there is a small thread by Capun at skunkworks about the Lewis gun being animated at reload. It's supposed to swivel down to reload using F6 key (I think). You'll have to add some text into the correct file. But I'm sure it will be included in the final package if it works. Whiteknight was supposed to check it out to see if it works. Fingers crossed, would be a cool effect if it does.

whiteknight ended up playing Dungeons and Dragons with his family so he didn't do it yet :prankster: but I will try it now and get back to you.ASAP

HOLY MOLY...IT WORKS!!!! :dance:

That has just added a new dimension to this game...Utterly brilliant!

Great to know that the skins are nearly done, Quack. You've done such an incredible job on 'em...You're the guy we have to thank. :yes:

More power to you mate !

Thanks again Bucky. It's coming along. Below are some pics of the Lewis gun reload animation on the ScoutC (upper wing mounted).

Man I'll tell ya, how the hell did those guys do it?? In the heat of a dog fight, run out of ammo or get a gun jam, drop down the gun, fly the plane, look around, keep an eye on the guy you were just trying to kill, take off the empty cartridge, fly the plane, grab a new cartridge, look around, put on the new cartridge, look around, look at the guy you were just trying to kill, fly the plane, put the gun back up into position, fly the plane, look for the guy you were just trying to kill while you're probably freezing cold and sweating at the same time, then ... BANG! BANG! You were just shot dead from behind!

Try it when you get the chance with the ScoutC. You'll see what I mean grin.gif .

Thanks again Bucky. It's coming along. Below are some pics of the Lewis gun reload animation on the ScoutC (upper wing mounted). Man I'll tell ya, how the hell did those guys do it?? In the heat of a dog fight, run out of ammo or get a gun jam, drop down the gun, fly the plane, look around, keep an eye on the guy you were just trying to kill, take off the empty cartridge, fly the plane, grab a new cartridge, look around, put on the new cartridge, look around, look at the guy you were just trying to kill, fly the plane, put the gun back up into position, fly the plane, look for the guy you were just trying to kill while you're probably freezing cold and sweating at the same time, then ... BANG! BANG! You were just shot dead from behind!Try it when you get the chance with the ScoutC. You'll see what I mean grin.gif .

Yes, I suspect a lot like that!!!

Some C and D models (almost done with them)

Beautiful, Quack!

The skins that is, not you...Although I'm sure you're quite a handsome devil. :yes:

One thing that's just occurred to me that you might like to consider:

The metal panels on the upper forward fuselage and the wood decking around the cockpit were usually painted grey.

So, taking that last screenshot featuring 8578 for instance, the grey of the side engine panels should extend up onto the upper forward fuselage and terminate at the line behind the cockpit.

The clear doped machines should be finished one of two ways: Either extend the grey as descibed above, or paint just the side and upper metal panels immediately behind the cowling in the grey, then have the wood decking in front and around the cockpit in a light brown wood colour.

Sorry if I've done you up like a kipper again!

I know about that stuff bucky. The problem with the Scout is that the top fusalage is shared with the bottom fuselage. What ever I do to the template shows up on both the bottom and the topblink.gif . Believe me it's been driving me nuts. And the lower fuselage gets stretched near the rear. And the cowel is stretched all the way around. Even the whole under side of the horizontal stabilizers is a decal on the PC10 versions. Nuts I tell yashok.gifcrazy.gif . The reason there all still in the works is because I have to creat upper and lower fuselage decals to be able to get the textures and colors to look right. So scaling and positioning is going to take some time. The upper nose that I painted over can easily be changed back to the grey. I tried both ways. I'll change them back.

I dont even want to tell you how long it took just to get the spinner to look like wood when the prop is spinning and having the hub remain metalcrazy.gif

But I'm very close now to finishing them up. Just need Capun to fix a bunch of things. Cockpits, shadow bug, forward right struts need to be moved out a bit, and the reload animation for the Lewis on the other scout models needs to be added to Peter01's DATA files. Some other things too.

Soon enough good.gif

Edited by quack74

Yeah sorry, man...I should've known you'd done all you could with it.

Like I said before, considering the base model you're working with, you've done an amazing job on 'em. :ok:

My Scout package was sent to Skunworks today. I finally finished it. So It's in their court now. There will be one skin per model (C, C1, D, D1). The others I'll post here at CombatAce. It will still take awhile I'm sure because each model needed some fixing. And Capun and his team are busy these days. So we'll have to wait a bit I'm sure. But the ball is still rolling I just wanted you guys to knowgood.gif .

Edited by quack74

That's great!...It's the one I've been waiting for. Must admit though, I'd almost given up hope.

Thanks Quack. :good:

No, I didnt quit. Just needed a break. It was a PITA to paint these. And there was a lot of decaling. I think I did the best I could with them. I made all the changes you recommended too Bucky. Thanks for the helpgood.gif . I did all those other Albatros and Pfalz skins in the mean time.

Good yob...well done congrats!!

With Clerget engine I suppose....the D1 ?

rgds

gterl

These are the skins I submitted to Skunkworks. There will be more I'll post here at CombatAce. If there is something you see that needs to be changed colorwise (Bucky), I still can fix things. It's not in stone. But this is what I ended up with. the pics are in order from C1, C, D1, D:

...If there is something you see that needs to be changed colorwise (Bucky), I still can fix things...

One possible change you could make would be to the dark colour of the plywood decking around the cockpit on the clear doped a/c. All the photos I've seen show the colour around that area to be only just slightly darker than the clear doped fabric itself. So a light tan or light/medium brown shade would be more accurate IMO.

BTW, thanks for the stuff in your last PM. Much appreciated! :ok:

Yeah I figured it was still too dark. I'll touch them all up when Release the othe skins.