Sign in to follow this  
Guest rscsjsuso5

skin help with decal

Guest rscsjsuso5

hi community

it seems that erwin is busy right now with modding stuff . in zip file i have provided badge pictures of chinese air force and i need someone help to make these badges into tga file for decal of skin . i have supplied screens and file and also i will give you the individual credit if you are the first one to help me out when i upload the final decal package to this site. keep in mind these badge pictures are all cleared of copyright material and so you are free to do what ever you want with it . my responsibility is to bring over from insky of what they have and its free of all aspects that CA doesn't have . credits to insky and credits to me for porting from chinese website to english website and i want to give/post credit the individual who can help me out , i mean a professional skinner, you will need to give me a link to the finished product and i'm expecting only 3 tga files and your CA username.

thanks for reading and this should be easy for professional skinners as i'm not a pro at this form of modding, remember first finished product as i will need to test it out on sfp1 patched latest to current standards and also keep in mind that i will upload finish product on CA as i will be helping you out in a more simplified matter/manner and so don't upload without my permission.

badge.zip

post-46688-12674089284623.jpg

Edited by rscsjsuso5
  • Like 1

j8-4.JPG

j-7%20side.JPG

Need this?

You need a photoshop or some TGA software and edit it as a transparent .TGA file.

Guest rscsjsuso5

erwin,

no no , what i'm asking for is help to make pictures to tga file and to make tga file as decal, i do not know how to do it i need help . i'm not a talented skinner and would like help doing so. very good reference picture by the way and to anybody reading if you want to do badges with erwin's reference picture you are free to do so.

thank you and thank for reading

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

All you need is a decent graphics program, a quality image of that badge and some time. So why not do that yourself?

The answer "because I don't know how" won't count since I had no clue about skinning either when I started doing that.

• Like 2

and the decal tutorial I pointed to in the FE forums was of no help???

trail and error is how we ALL learned.

wrench

kevin stein

• Like 2

Guest rscsjsuso5

All you need is a decent graphics program, a quality image of that badge and some time. So why not do that yourself?

The answer "because I don't know how" won't count since I had no clue about skinning either when I started doing that.

and the decal tutorial I pointed to in the FE forums was of no help???

trail and error is how we ALL learned.

wrench

kevin stein

to community - ignore these messages as their is a complete miscommunication and loss of complete understanding of what I'm looking for in my help of the skin.

enjoy your week and hope someone can help me out, i need a hero and not a zero.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3

I totally apologize for trying to encourage you to try some modding on your own. Good luck finding someone to do your bidding.

Guest rscsjsuso5

people who are reading this topic thank you and hope some one can help , i admit i'm not talented at all with skins but whatever i can get my hands on i tried to make it a win and win situation for the community , i have searched roughly 68 pages or more of topics in insky (chinese language) to find these badges for the CA community (english languange) and i need someone to make a tga file out of it to skin for decal . i searched very hard up and down for you guys and found some rare stuff that CA doesn't have and i'm going to upload later on when i have time to do so. first i'm getting materials from insky and ai have everything that CA doesn't , second everthing is copyright free and so no worries, third the hard part i'm 75 percent finished and just waiting for these badges to be decal ready.

thank again for reading

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

rscsjsuso5,

These 3 folks offered you help to help yourself. You refused to help yourself because you cannot be bothered to learn.

You have a decision to make.

You can learn how to make these decals using the tutorials mentioned, you can learn how to make decals on your own, or you can hope someone sees past your rude behavior to help you.

What is not an option is insulting those who tried to help you to help yourself.

Be advised that you can straighten up and fly right...or you can leave.

FC

Edited by FastCargo
  • Like 1

Really....this took me all of three minutes, and skinning's not my thing. Now, all you have to do is convert it to a 32-bit tga.

Untitled.png