Sign in to follow this  
PadFoot

Excuse me...dumb question really ... but

Is it a different graphics engine SF2? Or it is just a compatability boost?

The engine in SF2 is an evolution of the engine in SF1. Things like bump mapping, DX10, etc, are supported in SF2 that are not supported in SF1.

Both engines will run in XP/Vista/Win7 with the latest patches (SF1 - Oct 08, SF2 - Feb 10).

FC

The default player-flyable aircraft in the SF2 series are also better detailed, in regards to both cockpits, and external models. Mods are also much easier to apply (and create).

Also TK is no longer putting out patches for the 1st series. With the 2nd series he keeps adding goodies that the 1 gen series will not see. Can't go wrong with the SF2 series. Most modders have moved on to the next series.

To be fair. SF2 also took away the multiplayer aspect. But not a lot play multiplayer anyway.

"But not a lot play multiplayer anyway." Why?

"But not a lot play multiplayer anyway." Why?

Who knows - depends on people wanting actually to do it though.

This series was mainly about modding your own installs - which kept most people too busy to actually play them :grin: - even if you just play them theres a lot there

MP was fun, WHEN YOU GOT IT TO WORK! The MP setup was a PITA, and equally as frustrating. Though I had a bunch of good flights online, I've been finding that single player is just as good, and it allows me to better appreciate the quality mods that are out there.