Hi guys.

I've added Gepard's excellent Korat Airfield mod to the SF2V Vietnam terrain but it keeps flickering when I go above 500ft or so. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

I'd add a screenshot but the site server is telling me that I've used up 40.19mb of my 40mb global upload quota (whatever that means).

Cheers in advance

Edited by Piecemeal

Hi guys.

I've added Gepard's excellent Korat Airfield mod to the SF2V Vietnam terrain but it keeps flickering when I go above 500ft or so. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

I'd add a screenshot but the site server is telling me that I've used up 40.19mb of my 40mb global upload quota (whatever that means).

Cheers in advance

Sounds like a case of "Z" fighting...simply put, part of the mod is interfering with the terrain, and is vying with it for visibility.

In regards to the second issue, go into your profile, and delete some the older jpeg files. Another workaround, is to upload the image to the gallery, and then link to it.

Sounds like a case of "Z" fighting...simply put, part of the mod is interfering with the terrain, and is vying with it for visibility.

Hi Fubar.

Do you know if this 'Z fighting' problem can be rectified?

BTW, thanks for the tip on the the possible solutions to the other minor problem. Salute.gif

Do you know if this 'Z fighting' problem can be rectified?

The problem in question:

post-29988-12682565175914.jpg

I think those runways could use a hose down

You could try lowereing the mipmap levels for the particular tile that it's sitting on (the default is 6, try 3).

You could try lowereing the mipmap levels for the particular tile that it's sitting on (the default is 6, try 3).

No joy. The tile in question is 'VIETNAMG-AB1'. I checked it out in the VIETNAMSEA_DATA.ini and there's no Entry for MipMap levels with that tile:

[Texture092]

Filename=vietnamJ-AB1.BMP

HasWater=0

Color=0.372188,0.395048,0.313071

SolidObjectTexture=terobject_buildings1.BMP

AlphaObjectTexture=jungle.TGA

Just as an experiment I did add a MipMap entry for it:

MipMapLevels=3

No change either.

I'm just wondering if the problem might be something to do with the VietnamSEA terrain for SF2V is second generation?

Edited by Piecemeal

there's no Entry for MipMap levels with that tile:

Just as an experiment I did add a MipMap entry for it: MipMapLevels=3

No change either.

I'm just wondering if the problem might be something to do with the VietnamSEA terrain for SF2V is second generation?

No, it should work irregardless. What coordinates did you use to place Korat RTAFB? Perhaps adding a slight altitude correction might help (around 0.15 meters).

No, it should work irregardless. What coordinates did you use to place Korat RTAFB? Perhaps adding a slight altitude correction might help (around 0.15 meters).

Korat co-ordinates are default. Just double checked it. Where do I input a height entry?

Edited by Piecemeal

Korat co-ordinates are default. Just double checked it. Where do I input a height entry?

Default for the add-on KORAT, or for the TW-supplied KORAT? Also, the altitude ( or Z-value), is the last set of coordinates (X,Y,Z).

It's a Model Problem. The Korat Add-On that You are refering to was created by ArmourDave. He made the Base as one Model. The Runways, Buildings, Fuel Tanks,ect. were made as One .LOD or Model. You can try going into the Korat.INI and increasing the maximum distance the .LOD can be viewed. If the Model doesn't have a .INI, You can create one with the Example below......

[LOD001]

Filename=Korat.lod

Distance=10000.0 <<<< Play around with this Number.

[shadow]

CastShadow=False

ShadowLOD=

ShadowType=0

ShadowCastDist=0

MaxVisibleDistance=10000 <<<<<<< And this one.

P.S. Also, I forgot. All the X-Y Posistions on the Model are backwards.......

Semper Fi!

331KillerBee

Edited by 331Killerbee

Default for the add-on KORAT, or for the TW-supplied KORAT? Also, the altitude ( or Z-value), is the last set of coordinates (X,Y,Z).

Co-ordinates are from the default VIETNAMSEA, not the Korat mod. I just took a look at the height above ground level for the area:

post-29988-12682685061835.jpg

Should I go for a height entry a little above that?

331; cheers for the input. if at all possible I'd love to get to the bottom of this. This mod is too good looking to not use. I'll play around with those distance numbers now for a few minutes and see if it bears fruit.

P.S. Also, I forgot. All the X-Y Posistions on the Model are backwards.......

So does that mean I should reverse the position entries on my TARGETS.ini or that the entry on the mod file is just backward?

No, It means if You place anything on the Base such as Trucks or anything like that, They'll be backwards from the Numbers presented.

This is the Korat Base on the "Range", which is completley flat, And this is the results I get. This is with a korat_airbase.INI with a MaxVisualDis= 100000000.0

KR.jpg

331KillerBee

sounds like the stock WoV targets's location is a bit off, AND... the region will probably need re-flattening via the TE. (after expaning the target area in the WoVCities.ini)

What Gunny means about the psitions being reversed, is if you place a truck at offset 234,567, regardless of the what the debug says, it'll wind up (presumably) at -234,-567.

Not to familiar with AD's Korat, but all the stock airfields are based of a pure North/South orientation, with the offsets calculated from that

wrench

kevin stein

No, It means if You place anything on the Base such as Trucks or anything like that, They'll be backwards from the Numbers presented.

Ah, so that's why I can't place objects on it properly. For a minute I was starting to worry that maybe my SF2 installation was f**ked up.heat.gif