Sign in to follow this  
greyhawk

cat pack extraction

I have sf2, windows 7, i have extracted all my object files with the cat program, the cat program is located in the same folder as my object files, c:\program files(86)/thirdwire/strike fighter 2/objects. Can someone tell me where the extracted files are, I have looked every where and if i try to re-extract them it says it has already been extracted.

They should be in that very same folder, in their own separate folders named after the corresponding cat file (ObjectData001, ObjectData002, etc).

This is the existing directory of the objects file but cant find any index files or other types of objects files yet it still tells me it exists.

Doc1.pdf

Create a folder called CAT (or whatever) on your desktop (or where ever, it's not important). Copy* and paste your CAT files into this folder and work from there. You can delete your CAT files from this folder when you've finished.

* As opposed to cut and paste, not a good idea.

Thank you very much it works, now just one more question. when i have the data files edited like i want do i move anything back over to the main file where the object files are?

The edited files go up in Users/........Thirdwire/Strike Fighters2/Objects/whatever the file is.

If it is an aircraft file it goes in the aircraft folder. If it is something else it goes in the appropriate folder.

If the folder you need is not there,simply make the folder and put the edited file into it.