Sign in to follow this  
Barkhorn1x

Installing New Drivers, Need Advice

I am going from my present Nvidia set, 182.06 (?) to 196.21 as I hear they are the bees knees. Haven't done this in awhile, so...

Anyone have a step by step guide?

Anyone know of good Nvidia driver cleaner app?

Do I have to worry about archiving OFF settings due to this change or will they be unaffected?

Thanks.

I am going from my present Nvidia set, 182.06 (?) to 196.21 as I hear they are the bees knees. Haven't done this in awhile, so...

Anyone have a step by step guide?

Anyone know of good Nvidia driver cleaner app?

Do I have to worry about archiving OFF settings due to this change or will they be unaffected?

Thanks.

when installing a new driver, you'll have to make all settings in the graphic settings in OFF again (terrain-slider, effect-slider, z-buffer etc.)

i made screenies from my settings (inside OFF, Nhancer and Nvidia), so i know what to do when trying a new driver.

Von Paulus:

Thanks for the link. That is what I needed.

when installing a new driver, you'll have to make all settings in the graphic settings in OFF again (terrain-slider, effect-slider, z-buffer etc.)

i made screenies from my settings (inside OFF, Nhancer and Nvidia), so i know what to do when trying a new driver.

Creaghorn:

Geez, I was afraid of that! :no: Well, I guess I have a bit of pre-work to do here.

Just Recently Nvidia Released a NEW Driver to replace 196.21, with 196.75. The Nvidia Fans were quick to install it, and while it provided crisper, clearer images. At the same time it slowed the speed of revolutions for the fan on your video card, allowing your card to slowly simmer in it's own juices. The 'Lucky' ones experienced system problems, and dumped .75 reinstalling .21. The Unlucky Fried the Video Card.

The Result: Nvidia pulled 196.75 off it's website . . . . . . . . . .PROBLEM SOLVED

Oh, I hear ya as I NEVER do a driver install until I can read feedback from a lot of folks. I was one of the ones that would install the latest and greatest way back when and learned my lession. A real shame about those who lost their cards to faulty drivers.