Sign in to follow this  

http://forum.combata...image&img=11647 :this:

Whats the best way to do it? :dntknw:

Usually this happens when my A-10 gets hit but 23mm shells but occasionally missiles do the same.

I tend to use Ctrl + I to switch off my engines but the fire starts when I turn them back on. & being without engine power is obviously impractical unless your very close to friendly territory.

The A-10 has armored fuel tanks which are also self-healing & fire-suppressive which help a bit but do these or the engines (also fire-suppressive according to the INI) catch fire? Or both? :dntknw:

If an engine catches fire, you have to shut it off.

Once you do that, that engine is done. You cannot restart it...either in the sim or in real life.

Or I should say, you can restart it...but it's not a good idea.

Think about it this way...if your car engine caught fire and the fire went out, would you restart it??

FC

Edited by FastCargo

Thanks for the quick reply. :good:

Yeah I was guessing that this would be the case. Its just a shame you can't toggle engines individually especially with the A-10.

Looks like punching out is the only viable option seeing as this mostly happens on missions pretty far away from the border.

Thanks for the quick reply. :good:

Yeah I was guessing that this would be the case. Its just a shame you can't toggle engines individually especially with the A-10.

Looks like punching out is the only viable option seeing as this mostly happens on missions pretty far away from the border.

KISS THE EARTH AFTER TAKE OFF AND SHE'LL TAKE CARE YA. YEAH {MASTER} THE EARTH IS FINALLY CALLN YEAH !

-KANSAS cOYOTE-

Some do glide...eg RA-5C

Some do glide...eg RA-5C

Yeah I've managed it a times before with various aircraft but mainly that's because my fuels dry.

But unfortunately the A-10 doesn't glide all that well when you've been hit at 250ft A.G.L :lol:

As my old Parachute instructor once said if your Chute's fail... when you hit the ground hold on as its the bounce that kills you... he was twisted that way...

And A-10's dont glide too well as they have a few ton's to deal with the tanks...

Would be nice to be able to shut individual engines down there's many a time I have had a silk let down in the SF series because I cant stop a motor...

http://forum.combata...image&img=11647 :this:

Whats the best way to do it? :dntknw:

Usually this happens when my A-10 gets hit but 23mm shells but occasionally missiles do the same.

I tend to use Ctrl + I to switch off my engines but the fire starts when I turn them back on. & being without engine power is obviously impractical unless your very close to friendly territory.

The A-10 has armored fuel tanks which are also self-healing & fire-suppressive which help a bit but do these or the engines (also fire-suppressive according to the INI) catch fire? Or both? :dntknw:

Desperately pull at the fire knobs on the screen :p thats what i do....