Sign in to follow this  
macelena

To the French

It has just been reported that a French Gendarme, aged 53 and father of 4, was shot dead in a checkpoint near Paris by ETA terrorists.

For those who don´t know, ETA is a terrorist group who lobbies for the independence of the Greater Basque Country, wich comprises territories in Spain and France. They used to attack on Spain, stalking and murdering politicians, periodists, policemen, military and usually other civilians by shots in the hindhead or sticky bombs in their cars, and look for shelter in France. However, since the late 80s the French started to cooperate hunting down the terrorists, some chase wich in recent years was as intense and critical in France as in Spain.

Personally, my home was once heavily damaged by one of their car bombs, so i can´t avoid to feel that i owe something more to that man.

So for the ultimate sacrifice against terror, thank you sir Salute.gif

4438652211_bba3ac3a25_o.gif

Edited by macelena

Salute.gif

Derk

:salute:

:salute:

We're starting to deny them our side of the border, so we'll probably be the next after France and Spain to feel the pain...

My condolences to those left behind...

I hope the frenchs send them to jail for good, something that, unfortunatelly, I cannot expect to happen to those caught here in Spain. :oops:

BTW, congratulations Mr Giscard, see what happens when you help terrorists.

BTW, congratulations Mr Giscard, see what happens when you help terrorists.

That´s old, and pretty much shadowed by the colaboration we are getting now. Politicians do not demean the merit of service men.

Some more info i got: the fallen officer was wearing a bulletproof vest, he was hit on a weak spot below the arm. Out of 4-8 terrorist involved, one was captured. Probably from the ranks of a youth support organization dismantled recently, joined the terrorist cells as they needed new personel, been listed as terrorists a few hours before the crime. They were attempting to steal cars in France to use them as car bombs here. Indeed, he probably saved lives

That´s old, and pretty much shadowed by the colaboration we are getting now. Politicians do not demean the merit of service men.

Some more info i got: the fallen officer was wearing a bulletproof vest, he was hit on a weak spot below the arm. Out of 4-8 terrorist involved, one was captured. Probably from the ranks of a youth support organization dismantled recently, joined the terrorist cells as they needed new personel, been listed as terrorists a few hours before the crime. They were attempting to steal cars in France to use them as car bombs here. Indeed, he probably saved lives

The news we have here: the young man arrested was known yet for violent deeds in Pamplona, probably as a petty rogue rather than a terrorist. There had already been some French policemen wounded during the past decade, but mostly by fleeing cars during traffic checks in the border area (one by firearm last year). There also had already been some policemen killed in France, in 2007: two Spanish from Guardia Civil in covert ops, who had accidentally identified an ETA commando on a parking, but had unfortunately also been recognized by them (also in the border area).

About yesterday's crossfire, the news said that five cars had been stolen, the gendarmes had stopped the first team for his suspicious behavior, but then had come the following cars. And this time, one lethal bullet has found its way through the brigadier's body armor. About the French-Spanish collaboration, and the ETA activities further and further away from the Pyrenean border, the news also told that an important ETA executive had been arrested some days ago in a rural hosting, here in Normandy.

A very, very sad, endless war (seen "GAL" some years ago). I don't know what is said in Spain (or Agentina, or other diaspora countries), but among the regional reputations we inherit in France, it's commonly said: "Don't mess around with a Basque".

Argentina is of no concern in this matter, Vengeur, it's Venezuela that's more worrisome...

Argentina is of no concern in this matter, Vengeur, it's Venezuela that's more worrisome...

Currently, we are asking Venezuela to deliver several ETA terrorist hosted there. Chavez did the offended monkey play, and said that we would be affected by troubly relations given our economic interests there (wich are, btw, among the few things preventing the Venezuelan people from starvation) and that we should prove that he had been supporting terrorist links among colombian FARC and ETA (coincidentaly, he got an ETA member as minister)

Currently, we are asking Venezuela to deliver several ETA terrorist hosted there. Chavez did the offended monkey play, and said that we would be affected by troubly relations given our economic interests there (wich are, btw, among the few things preventing the Venezuelan people from starvation) and that we should prove that he had been supporting terrorist links among colombian FARC and ETA (coincidentaly, he got an ETA member as minister)

Yeah, I've read about that. Guess things are starting to get bad already. I heard that spanish police officers in Venezuela responsible for the extraction of wanted criminals by spanish courts were confined to two barracks when they should've been on their way back to Spain on a military flight. Chavez said that things weren't going according to plan due to "technical issues"... Leaves me with no margin of doubt about the most corageous words proferred by a monarch in the very recent 21st century so far, an act protagonized by King Juan Carlos: "PORQUÉ NO TE CALLAS?!" Then again, what to expect from a guy that has admitted to chewing a coca leaf every morning...:heat:

Well, having suffered from the IRA terrorists for many decades (thankfully sorted out now) We in the UK can understand peoples fears.

(I myself escaped being blown to Bit's in the Guildford Pub Bombings...the Horse and Groom was my local...I just wasn't in it on that day thank goodness)

Almost as bad as terrorists..are the people who support them!

(Yes, Irish American Sympathisers..I DO MEAN YOU!)

The ones who gave money to the IRA (or who now give support to other global terrorist organisations) are tainted with the blood of innocent people!

The news we have here: the young man arrested was known yet for violent deeds in Pamplona, probably as a petty rogue rather than a terrorist.

Terrorist in traininig. Yes, their supporters (too many in Spain, even among those who say they don't like terrorism) say it's not the same; but those street riots (planned by ETA people) are essentially the first step for future terrorists.

About political support for these "people" , I only mentioned mr. Giscard because, if I had to say my opinion on our own politicians :threat::angry2: (actually, 1/1000th of my opinion) I'd be banned for ever from this forum (or any civilized place) for foul language :oops:

Edited by shotdown