Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Five Guys Burgers

FC you haven't had Rudy's???? OMG!!!! I lived there when I was in SA. I now order all my BBQ sauces from there. Which you had at my house. SE I will be there on USAF business. Going to pick CENTCOM's brain on C2 procedures.

Just give me a little notice when you are coming so I can make sure I don't end up with a schedule conflict. I have hosted tons of my wifes friends and family visiting from Colombia. I am long overdue to have someone I know visit. We just had some friends from Miami stay with us last weekend because her husband, an Army Reserve special forces officer, had to be at MacDill on Saturday. If I actually get to see you, it will be the first time I have gotten to meet anyone from the SFP1 community face-to-face. I just can't seem to meet anyone that lives near me with quite my level of interest in PC flight simming and Third Wire sims in particular. I can get people to play Operation Flashpoint or Star Wars Battlefront 2, but people with the patience and determination to learn ACM are very rare. I just hooked my brother-in-law up with a joystick and installed Aces High 2 on a low-end laptop. It struggles to do 20 to 30 fps, but it is flyable and he is loving it. If his laptop will run SF2, I will buy him 1 or more of the SF2 games as well since he is more interested in jets than props. If he actually likes it over the long run and does well, I may actually have a local to play multiplayer. Too bad SF2 doesn't do multiplayer :blackeye:

I keep forgetting you're from my old neck of the woods.

My parents live in the Zepherhills area...we'll be there in August.

FC

We got to eat up our burgers now here in the US. Or squirrel them away. I'm afraid they will be outlawed or luxury taxed to pay for healthcare. Todays burger is tomorrow's cigerette.

Please don't hate. I'm just saying.

Steak and Shake...best thing there is their chili. Burger and chili is all you need to order.

I keep forgetting you're from my old neck of the woods.

My parents live in the Zepherhills area...we'll be there in August.

FC

I would be pleased to meet you as well. While I have greatly enjoyed meeting so many people all over the world via the internet, there is still nothing quite like talking with someone face-to-face.

With Operation Flashpoint, I was able to build a local group that came over to play quite often. I never did play with anyone else via the internet unless it was one of the regulars that couldn't show up in person (usually one of the married with children guys). The first guys might show up and start playing sometime between 4pm and 8pm on a Friday or Saturday afternoon. The last straggler would leave sometime between 3am and 6am. During the peak hours between 9pm and 12am, I had as many as 7 other people over eating pizza, drinking beer, and killing Commies. Whenever we had 6 or more, we would play team missions with 3vs3 or 4vs4. Otherwise we played co-op or deathmatches. My wife is going to Colombia for 2 weeks very soon and she is taking my son with her, so I may actually get to have an Operation Flashpoint night or two while she is gone :grin:

If only I could have had an SFP1 group like that. The guys that showed up in Hyperlobby and Hamachi to play online were scattered all over the world and had widely varying schedules. It was difficult to get a significant number to show up at the same time on any given night. While we did have 12 guys logged in at the same time on a dogfight server one lucky night, that didn't last for very long and we didn't have time to set up a co-op team fight 6 vs 6. My dream was to have 8 vs 8 with no AI aircraft at all. Now, SF2 doesn't even have multiplayer :sad:

Edited by streakeagle