1. Has been maybe a top of the wing area compression vapor effect in any addon plane ? Is it doable? Any resources maybe about how to?

2. Is it possible to modify an existing F-16 model fin to a tailchuted C version by adding the new fin base (3d model) as a new weapon or ghost pilot ?

1. No. Could be possible with some clever ini work plus a new effect setup.

2. Yes, if you create a proper fin base.

FC

:) What i am going to ask probably cant be done from what i know, just have to ask though in case that there's some way i am not aware of :

is it possible in some way to make a modification to part of an LOD like make some area of it transparent (invisible) , appearing like choped lets say. I really doubt it but just thought to ask

:) What i am going to ask probably cant be done from what i know, just have to ask though in case that there's some way i am not aware of :

is it possible in some way to make a modification to part of an LOD like make some area of it transparent (invisible) , appearing like choped lets say. I really doubt it but just thought to ask

LODs cannot be modified to any significant degree. Once tney are created, they're done. About the only thing that an end-user can do, is to change a LOD's texture association(s), using a hex editor.

Only the original developer, or those that have acess to the original source (Max) file, can make the changes that you're asking about, which when done, would result in a new LOD.

thanks. exactly as i thought and knew

is it somehow possible to "stick" lods through the ghost pilot or weapon to moving parts of existing plane lod? like on elevators, ailerons, rudders etc?

Edited by squid

Yes, but only if they are loaded as weapons.

Been there, done that.

FC

hmmm interesting ... is there something like that in the dlownloads section to see how is done? its a weapon_data.ini edit right?

lets say i want to stick/merge a "weapon" to a moving surface, lets say stab/elevator, i start by adding a SystemName[xxx] or Component[xxx] to lets say [RightStabilizer] section ?

Edited by squid

or from what i see gallery_12105_43_561360.jpg we can remove whole moving parts (control surfaces only?) and replace them with new ones? (external .lod files)

1. Has been maybe a top of the wing area compression vapor effect in any addon plane ? Is it doable? Any resources maybe about how to?

2. Is it possible to modify an existing F-16 model fin to a tailchuted C version by adding the new fin base (3d model) as a new weapon or ghost pilot ?

2. Yes.

whoa!! is it here in CA downloads ?

The default SF2I F-16 has a fuselage vapor-effect, as does the 6-year old Mirage factory F-14A (the first model to feature it).

• Like 1

Two examples of F-16C with long tail parachute housing:

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=10531

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=10528

Easily to find in the SFP1 download section

• Like 1

The default SF2I F-16 has a fuselage vapor-effect, as does the 6-year old Mirage factory F-14A (the first model to feature it).

you are probably refering to this : 3193277630_24b95fdf23.jpg

i am refering to these :

high-g-turn.jpg

F-15_Mach1.jpg

3036440809_ab08ac2307_o.jpg

AND the sonic boom compression in this T-50, i wouldnt say no to have it :D :D

Dude don't kill yourself here. Got the Vipers well in hand now. Just be patient.

Two examples of F-16C with long tail parachute housing:

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=10531

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=10528

Easily to find in the SFP1 download section

The thing is that i dont like those models. I am already trying to see if i can modify the stock Netz (which i like more) to somewhat look more like a C :)

Hey thanks Dave :) you did tell me before and i am looking forward to it :) Its also though that i found it interesting and motivating enough as a small project for me to have fun experiumenting and exploring with and refresh a little my old 3D involvement and skining :)

The F-15s and F-18s effects you see there are NOT transonic vapor effects, they are G effects. And the F-15 Super Pack already has them...adapted from the MF F-14.

The transonic vapor effect you see in the T-50 videos folks have been posting are probably part of the model. My XB-70 is in test phase using that same effect.

FC

The F-15s and F-18s effects you see there are NOT transonic vapor effects, they are G effects. And the F-15 Super Pack already has them...adapted from the MF F-14.

The transonic vapor effect you see in the T-50 videos folks have been posting are probably part of the model. My XB-70 is in test phase using that same effect.

FC

I think (and maybe I'm wrong here) that the MF F-18A has that g effect for the top of the wing as well... not sure though.