Sign in to follow this  
rwmarth

FIrefox and OFF

Has anyone else had the issue where OFF wont load from the manager to the actual flying while having Firefox up in the background? Granted, it's not an issue to close out Firefox while playing, but I thought it rather interesting that they don't seem to get along on my PC. This also leads to speculation that when (very rarely) the OFF manager doesnt respond after a sortie, perhaps its some background program conflict as well...

Well, I'm far from being a computer or software expert, but my KASPERSKI Anti Virus

program has a section called "Program Control". And that seems very busy sometimes

when I'm running stuff like TrackIR or games.

So I always disconnect from the web, and switch KASPERSKI off for the time I fly the sim.

Since that, I don't have hang-ups anymore.

Just my 2 cent...

yeah,prob best to have as little background stuff as possible running

So I always disconnect from the web, and switch KASPERSKI off for the time I fly the sim.

Since that, I don't have hang-ups anymore.

Just my 2 cent...

Me too, no internet - no virus software - just lean and mean! :good:

Works fine here, used Firefox for years (and OFF :)) and it's fine. Maybe AV as suggested, or some naughty plugin in Firefox perhaps?