Sign in to follow this  
atoll1

Windows 7 64 bit and terrain shaders?

Hello!

I seem to recall reading that SFP1 series of sims had an issue with terrain shaders in Windows 7 64 bit? Is it still the case, even with the Oct 08 patch, and if so, is there a workaround?

(I'd still like to run SFP1 because of some of the mods, and because of YAPv2 not being able to use the Oct 08 patch.)

I found a reference to the problem in google, but no direct link, nor was I able to find it in our forums.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

No should be okay with Oct 2008

You need to install it outside of program files, run it as admin and change the compatibility mode for what its worth if you can. They run largely okay but have seen a few CTDs - which you have to put up with - or get SF2

Pre Oct08 installs need a tweak in terrain settings, don't they?

Pre Oct08 installs need a tweak in terrain settings, don't they?

That's what I read when I googled, but couldn't find what the tweak is supposed to be. Any idea what the tweak is? :this: (Thanks in advance)

pity on the CTDs. Is everyone experiencing these CTDs?

Keep in mind, you still need to get the latest DirectX 9 updates as well to run the old SF1 series.

Keep in mind, you still need to get the latest DirectX 9 updates as well to run the old SF1 series.

Right. Thanks for all your input!