Sign in to follow this  
Mizuez

Graphic issues

I have played Falcon Allied Force for a long time on Win XP and everything worked great. I recently upgraded to Win 7 and now the plane in un-flyable. I can load the game and use the menus just like normal; However Tactical reference and the load out screens have bad glitches. Here are some screen shots of what i see.

The problem continues in flight. Scene i upgraded to win 7 I haven't flown the F-16. The game run at less than .5 Frames per sec

I have tried

1) Re installing Falcon AF. No good, same issues

2) Downloading Free Falcon 5.0. Same issue

I didn't change any hardware, just went to Win 7 so i know i can run the game properly. But if there are any settings i can change, let me know.

I have a Nvidea 8600gts with up to date drivers

Any Idea's?post-56198-12722959592438.png

Here is another picture of the glitch. When in the Load out screen or Tactical reference page, the planes leave trails behind. I know something is not right.post-56198-1272296176382.png

Hi!

Well, I'm not very good at computers, but as far as I know, W7 uses DirectX 11. Maybe your sim is not compatible with DX11 (or windows 7), or maybe you havent installed DX11. I see you're using an nVIDIA, in the driver downloading page make sure you've chosen Windows 7 as the OS...

Well... good luck.

Hi!

Well, I'm not very good at computers, but as far as I know, W7 uses DirectX 11. Maybe your sim is not compatible with DX11 (or windows 7), or maybe you havent installed DX11. I see you're using an nVIDIA, in the driver downloading page make sure you've chosen Windows 7 as the OS...

Well... good luck.

Thanks. The card i have is only DirectX 10. I know Falcon works with Win 7 because i have a friend who lays the game just fine on 7. I can check my drivers again, but im play FSX and other games just fine. Falcon is the only one with issues.

Falcon4 AF does not work on Win 7 without a few changes - which are already in other threads (although maybe this could be a sticky):

1. Dont install it in program files or program files(x32)

2. In setup->Graphics in game - set it to use 3D HAL (NOT the T&L mode - that causes problems)

3. For the Gui issue you may need to creat a new text file called BFOps.cfg

then stick in this line set g_bForceSoftwareGUI 1

put it in the Falcon4 folder (top level with the main exe)

MAKE SURE the file is BFOps.cfg and not BFOps.cfg.txt - that wont work

that may just leave you with a corrupted Knee map - if so it may be an NVIDIA issue - I bought a new ATi card which fixed that.

Yes, ATI's drivers have less trouble with it than nvidia.

I believe turning off FSAA with nvidia solves all issues. With my ATI card I can have it on.

Yes, ATI's drivers have less trouble with it than nvidia.

I believe turning off FSAA with nvidia solves all issues. With my ATI card I can have it on.

Cool thanks, i will try that now.

I just tried a full un-install and reinstall and did not install the patch. I played it in v. 1.0.0. It worked fine. 1.0.13 gave me issues.

Trust me you need the patch - multicore CPU support was only added in later patches - along with many other things.

Great news. I am back in the air. Thank you JediMaster for telling me to disable the FSAA Filter on my video card. Fixed the problem and i can fly with the 1.0.13 patch. For those of you who dont know, FSAA stands for Full Screen Anti Aliasing.In the nVidia setup you set the Anti Aliasing mode to :Application controlled. Everything works fine.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Here is an image of what you need to do if you have a nvidia Graphics card.post-56198-12723214143188.jpg

Nah - just need to have AA on myself

Edited by MigBuster

Nah - just need to have AA on myself

With those settings i cant tell a difference for XP to win 7. I'm just glad to be back in the air.

One other issues I am having however is in Free Falcon 5.0 and 5.3. It did have the same issues as Allied force, but the same solution fixed that, now FF5 is not loading right in game. I can see the runway, but the ground is loading splash screen and the sky is a blue, purple, and yellow puzzle. I can only see it for 5 seconds and the game crashes. I don't mind because i have Allied Force working again, but would still be nice to fix to see if it is any more stable on Win 7 than XP. Odd thing is that my friend and wingman has win 7 and never had any of these problems with Allied Force or FF5.

Just a thing to ponder.

1. Dont install it in program files or program files(x32)

Where did this come from? I've installed Falcon 4.0 Allied force in the default location without issues. C:/Program Files(x86)/Lead Pursuit/...

2. In setup->Graphics in game - set it to use 3D HAL (NOT the T&L mode - that causes problems)

This is correct, if I enable T&L my frames/sec drop drastically.

3. For the Gui issue you may need to creat a new text file called BFOps.cfg

then stick in this line set g_bForceSoftwareGUI 1

put it in the Falcon4 folder (top level with the main exe)

MAKE SURE the file is BFOps.cfg and not BFOps.cfg.txt - that wont work

I have not created a BFOPs.cfg file and everything is running perfectly under Win7 Ultimate 64 bit.

that may just leave you with a corrupted Knee map - if so it may be an NVIDIA issue - I bought a new ATi card which fixed that.

The corrupted knee map is indeed an nVidia issue, it doesn't look like they are going to correct it either.

Hag

Thanks Hag,

I did get the game to run correctly with out the need of creating the BFOps.cfg. I had installed it in my own location instead of default. I have used both HAL and T&L HAL with no issues or any noticeable issues, but never the less I will stick to HAL.

Thanks

Where did this come from? I've installed Falcon 4.0 Allied force in the default location without issues. C:/Program Files(x86)/Lead Pursuit/...

Ed_1 suggested it on here:

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/42531-window-7-with-falcon-4-af-and-sturmovik-1946/

I never installed in program files - mainly because of issues with the SF1 series and some other old programs I had that didnt work properly in there - I know one of the patches for Falcon made changes for Vista but havnt tried it in Program files - so if it works for you then it might be okay.

I have not created a BFOPs.cfg file and everything is running perfectly under Win7 Ultimate 64 bit.

It might be for you - but didnt for me - this might be another NVIDIA thing - I had to create that file (along with others) for my last card to get the menus working properly - actually I think its the AA workaround.

Edited by MigBuster

With those settings i cant tell a difference for XP to win 7. I'm just glad to be back in the air.

One other issues I am having however is in Free Falcon 5.0 and 5.3. It did have the same issues as Allied force, but the same solution fixed that, now FF5 is not loading right in game. I can see the runway, but the ground is loading splash screen and the sky is a blue, purple, and yellow puzzle. I can only see it for 5 seconds and the game crashes. I don't mind because i have Allied Force working again, but would still be nice to fix to see if it is any more stable on Win 7 than XP. Odd thing is that my friend and wingman has win 7 and never had any of these problems with Allied Force or FF5.

Just a thing to ponder.

If there is a fix for FF5 then best to look at their forums for it if you dont get an answer here.

If there is a fix for FF5 then best to look at their forums for it if you dont get an answer here.

Thats what i was thinking, but i had the question going here so i asked.

Yes, I've read that nVidia completely giving up legacy code.

What has happened to nVidia? Eight years ago I was complete nVidia fanboy, laughing at the ATI fools. About five years ago, I switched to ATI due to the insidious nVidia Falcon shimmer. I immediately noticed a color difference and sharpness change, I'm still not sure which is better, I think it is completely up to personal taste ( blondes or brunettes thing ). Now ATI is completely blowing nVidia out of the water in every area. I still have a happy spot in my heart for nVidia and hope they get their crap straight when DirectX11 becomes mainstream after the coding optimizations of Dx10 have been locked ( almost there ).

Hag